• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

All-Star Superman #2 Praise Thread....

44 posts in this topic

As far as Supes being/acting alien versus acting human...I like the idea that was in Kill Bill Vol. 2. Bill states, "Clark Kent is how Superman sees humans. Superman is always Superman. Clark Kent is his costume." (that's a paraphrase of course.)

yeah, but Tarrantino/Bill was just quoting every Batman writer in the last 30 years 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

As far as Supes being/acting alien versus acting human...I like the idea that was in Kill Bill Vol. 2. Bill states, "Clark Kent is how Superman sees humans. Superman is always Superman. Clark Kent is his costume." (that's a paraphrase of course.)

yeah, but Tarrantino/Bill was just quoting every Batman writer in the last 30 years 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Well, I didn't say it was an original idea. 27_laughing.gif. Just an interesting way to look at Superman. I don't really follow Supes that much except for a comic here or there or the cartoon and Smallville....well, I guess I follow him more than I thought! 27_laughing.gif. But anyway, Supes has always been shown as a man with extra powers, but he's not. He's an alien with normal powers for him. Like Martian Manhunter. He's trying to act human. The whole pinocchio idea. I like that take here where Lois is looking at Supes for the first time as an alien. Love the story so far.

Yep. I love the limitless potential for his power at this point. Like Timulty, I like Morrison's take on Supes. Kind of reminiscent of the latter Moore Miracleman issues where he has moved from mortal w/ powers to a god. cloud9.gif

Exactly what I was thinking when i read this last night.