• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BIN books 40-60% off guide: what's left.

6 posts in this topic

I am listing everything that's left in a new thread since the old one was getting a little cluttered. I also decided to break up the Adams lot (a few have sold already). Thanks to everyone who has bought so far! flowerred.gif

Batman 234 in VG/F - F for $20. OSPG is $26 in VG, $39 in F. SOLD

First SA Two-Face. I am giving a range for this one because it's an odd book. The front cover is GORGEOUS. It looks like a 9.2 through the Mylar and has off-the-press colors and whites. Only the most minor flaws. The back however, is a bit of a mess. It has two long creases and a bunch of small 1/8"-1/2" tears. Front: 9.2 Back:4.0/4.5. You decide the final grade.

batman234.jpg

bats234bk.jpg

Batman 237 in F/VF for $30. OSPG is $40 in F/VF. SOLD

Sharp copy. Slight top edge creasing knocks it out of the VF range. Killer Adams cover and a must-have book.

batman237.jpg

Batman 243 in VF/VF- for $24. OSPG is $40 in VF/VF-.

Only light general wear on this tough black cover. Ra's Al Ghul story.

batman243.jpg

Detective 399 in VF- for $12. OSPG is $25 in VF-.

Nice copy with only a small right edge crease.

tec399.jpg

Detective 414 in VF- for $16. OSPG is $23 in VF-. SOLD

One of my favorite Adams covers. Sharp colors. Only some non color-breaking spine stess keeps this out a higher grade.

tec414.jpg

Uncle Scrooge 195 in VF/NM - NM- for $12. OSPG is $20 between those grades. SOLD

Nice issue. Light wear. Reprints FC 386.

US195.jpg

Showcase 57 in F/VF (Q) for $30. OSPG is $110 in F/VF, $44 in VG.

Nice looking copy of an early Enemy Ace appearance. Great Kubert art and story. Perfect centering and only light wear on this tough black cover. Unfortunately, the centerfold and the wrap before the centerfold are cleanly detached from the staples. This book will only be for sale for a day or two at the most, so if you want it let me know quickly.

showcase57.jpg

Tales to Astonish 88, 89, 94, 96 in various grades for $50. OSPG is about $135 total. More than 60% off guide!

TTA 88 in F/VF.

tta88.jpg

TTA 89 in F/VF. Nice gloss.

tta89.jpg

TTA 94 in F/VF.

tta94.jpg

TTA 96 in VF+ - VF/NM. Not much of anything wrong with this one besides the unfortunate miswrap.

tta96.jpg

House of Mystery 181 in F+ for $10. OSPG in F+ is about is $24. SOLD

Upper left corner bump/crease is the main defect.

hom181.jpg

House of Mystery 211 in VF- for $8. OSPG in VF- is $15. SOLD

Wrightson cover. Just light general wear.

hom211.jpg

House of Mystery 231 in VF- to VF for $14. OSPG is a joke on this issue, again.

Some spine stress near the top. Other than that and the miswrap it's a very sharp copy.

hom231.jpg

Unexpected 118 in sharp VF- for $20. OSPG is off on this one too, just like they are on so many BA horror books.

This copy has exceptional gloss and great colors. There are two small dings on the upper edge of the front. The white line below "a" in "afraid" on the bottom edge is not a crease, it's a production color defect.

unex118.jpg

House of Secrets 83 in F for $7. OSPG is $15 in F.

Light water stain along part of the back top edge. Very bright cover colors. A nice copy that is better than its technical grade.

hos83.jpg

House of Mystery 236 in VF- for $22. OSPG is meaningless for this book. Totally undervalued. SOLD

Arguably Wrightson's best cover ever and an absolute must-have for any horror collector. Slight stress on the spine and to the top right corner. Production crease on bottom left edge. Sharp colors.

hom236.jpg

House of Mystery 256 in VG/F (Doug Sulipa called it a F) for $10. Again, OSPG is meaningless here.

The toughest of the HOM dollar books, one of the toughest dollar books period, this issue also features a killer Wrightson Halloween cover. One of my personal favorites.

hom256.jpg

House of Mystery 224 in F+ for $10. OSPG is $20. SOLD

Small crease on the top right front and the back left corners. Small bindery defect on bottom spine.

hom224.jpg

Shadow 2 in NM/NM- for $15. OSPG in NM/NM is $30.

Stunning and unread. One of my favorite Kaluta covers of all time.

shadow2.jpg

Witching Hour 38 100 pager in F/VF for $18. Guide in F/VF is around $25.

Liberated from a 7.0 slab. Looks VERY nice but has an unobtrusive rip near the witch's broom on the left edge. Also a 3/4" back cover edge tear. Nice looking copy.

wh38.jpg

DC 100 pager 6 in VG/F for $20. OSPG is $42 in VG/F.

Adams wrap-around cover. Miscut. Looks better but has a 3-4" crease on the back corner. Tough book.

dc1006.jpg

Creepy 11 in F/VF for $30. OSPG has this mag severely undervalued. SOLD

VERY desireable Frazetta cover. My personal favorite of all his Warren work. This magazine consistently sells for guide or more on eBay. Sorry about the cropped scan, it's too large for my scanner. This copy was graded VF- by Doug Sulipa but acquired a upper left corner ding/dent during shipping that breaks a bit of color on the back. Two small color flecks on right front cover edge. Bright whites and outstanding color and eye appeal. A very sharp mag.

cr11.jpg

Conan 14 in F+ for $8. OSPG is $20 in F+.

1" tear on the back cover.

conan14.jpg

Chamber of Darkness 3 in VF for $7. OSPG is $22 in VF.

Very minor wear.

cod3.jpg

Adventure 431 in F/VF for $22. OSPG is around $30 in F/VF.

Nice looking copy. Light spine wear. First Spectre issue. Fantastic Aparo cover!

adv431.jpg

Adventure 432 in F/VF for $8. OSPG in F/VF is $16.

Some wear to bottom edge. Good eye appeal.

adv432.jpg

Adventure 432 in VF for $15. OSPG is $22 in VF.

Great copy with only minor wear. Nice colors.

adv434.jpg

Astonishing Tales 30 in VF- for $4. OSPG is $9 in VF-.

Light wear, nice colors.

ast30.jpg