• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Does Heritage Really Get Better Grades?

24 posts in this topic

I saw Esquire comics say he was going to sell any questionable Heritage books. Will he be disclosing his concerns to potential buyers?

I think my actions speak equally on par with my words. I have disclosed pressing where I know it exists, as well as upgrades. I have had inaccurate pedigree designations removed from my books, no doubt at a substantial financial loss, as well as ensured proper pedigree designations are added after prior owners had disgracefully removed them in order to hide undisclosed work.

I have significantly reduced, and almost eliminated altogether, my Heritage purchases of comic books for resale due to the unfavorable perceptions I hold of their business practices.

I have both the Press Free and Network of Disclosure logos prominently displayed on my website's main page. And explanatory text for both will be available shortly when my web designer can get to it.

Anyone who has ever contacted me about comics, whether to buy or sell, knows I speak openly and truthfully and will not hesitate to express concerns in order to ensure full disclosure.

So, yes.

makepoint.gif

I have had inaccurate pedigree designations removed from my books, no doubt at a substantial financial loss, as well as ensured proper pedigree designations are added after prior owners had disgracefully removed them in order to hide undisclosed work.

893applaud-thumb.gif

I saw Esquire comics say he was going to sell any questionable Heritage books. Will he be disclosing his concerns to potential buyers?

I think my actions speak equally on par with my words. I have disclosed pressing where I know it exists, as well as upgrades. I have had inaccurate pedigree designations removed from my books, no doubt at a substantial financial loss, as well as ensured proper pedigree designations are added after prior owners had disgracefully removed them in order to hide undisclosed work.

I have significantly reduced, and almost eliminated altogether, my Heritage purchases of comic books for resale due to the unfavorable perceptions I hold of their business practices.

I have both the Press Free and Network of Disclosure logos prominently displayed on my website's main page. And explanatory text for both will be available shortly when my web designer can get to it.

Anyone who has ever contacted me about comics, whether to buy or sell, knows I speak openly and truthfully and will not hesitate to express concerns in order to ensure full disclosure.

So, yes.

makepoint.gif

That is laudable. I'm surprised that a false pedigree notation does not give way to a proper cause of action...against either CGC or the person you bought it from?

So, yes.

makepoint.gif

That is laudable. I'm surprised that a false pedigree notation does not give way to a proper cause of action...against either CGC or the person you bought it from?

I could have likely pushed Heritage to take it back, or even CGC to buy it from me, but I chose my battles and that was not the one I really wanted to engage in. It is a Blue Ribbon #1 CGC 8.5. Thread on it in the GA section.