• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

7.5 to 8 really?

35 posts in this topic

aardvarkps sucks. Period. Stay far away, this guy's "gems" are garbage.

Blunt and to the point.

No sugar coating here poke2.gif

October , tell us how you really feel buddy...be free 27_laughing.gif

The guy does regularly overgrade but i have bought some nice stuff for a good price. You can bid accordingly. As for the book, that foxing is allowed in varying degrees up to 9.2 or 9.4 (can't remember) acc. to OS. I'd say (and i could be wrong) that this book is in the 6.0 range, maybe less.

JMHO.

Blunt and to the point.

The guy does regularly overgrade but i have bought some nice stuff for a good price. You can bid accordingly. As for the book, that foxing is allowed in varying degrees up to 9.2 or 9.4 (can't remember) acc. to OS. I'd say (and i could be wrong) that this book is in the 6.0 range, maybe less.

JMHO.

All I know is that the Hulk annual 1 I bought wasn't even close to what was advertised and he was pill about returning it.

Blunt and to the point.

JMHO.

All I know is that the Hulk annual 1 I bought wasn't even close to what was advertised and he was pill about returning it.

893censored-thumb.gif

Blunt and to the point.

JMHO.

893censored-thumb.gif

popcorn.gif

Blunt and to the point.

JMHO.

893censored-thumb.gif

popcorn.gif

I've bought a few (FF 48 his 8.5 PGX8.0, X men 14 his 9.0/9.2 CGC 7.5) from Paul that were overgraded, but i bought a gorgeous VF/NM X men #9 that actually was a 9.0...i guess sometimes you get lucky..sorry to hear about the Hulk. Did he take it back?

This seller has been on our radar a long time. Suspected of buying slabbed books, breaking them out and selling raw at a higher grade. Also, possibly buying PLODs that never seem to be resold as restored books.

Red

Blunt and to the point.

JMHO.

893censored-thumb.gif

popcorn.gif

I've bought a few (FF 48 his 8.5 PGX8.0, X men 14 his 9.0/9.2 CGC 7.5) from Paul that were overgraded, but i bought a gorgeous VF/NM X men #9 that actually was a 9.0...i guess sometimes you get lucky..sorry to hear about the Hulk. Did he take it back?

Eventually, yes. The overgrading was pretty egregious though, especially since he obviously knows what he is doing. The book was a 6.0 at best with cover tears and he called it a VF+.

This seller has been on our radar a long time. Suspected of buying slabbed books, breaking them out and selling raw at a higher grade. Also, possibly buying PLODs that never seem to be resold as restored books.

Red

You could be correct, but my experience with him has always seemed to be honest on his part. Straight forward on return or partial refund, and i see him listing TONS of restored books for sale (now that i remeber, I bought an ASM #14 9.4 that was cracked out of the holder with a trimmed edge that he declared in the auction). Has anyone bought a plod that was declared unrestored by him?