• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please grade this Amazing Spider-Man 50 and/or Iron Man 14

10 posts in this topic

Why do you think the IM is a 2.0? I'd say a 4.0.

Multiple monster scuffs all over the cover that dramatically reduce the eye appeal, in addition to the normal wear you'd find in the VG range. Heavy dirt on the back cover. If the book looks better in hand (glossy, good color) I'd go to 2.5... Judgement call I guess. confused-smiley-013.gif

I beg to differ. Do you consider the scuffing a greater defect than color pull? Of course not. At least the color is still there, whereas with a color pull defect it is completely gone. That being said, books with a large amount of color pull get 3.0s, and books with moderate color pull get 4.0s or 4.5s. I don't see how a book with a less severe color related defect can get much lower than a book with the more severe color defect. sumo.gif

I beg to differ. Do you consider the scuffing a greater defect than color pull? Of course not. At least the color is still there, whereas with a color pull defect it is completely gone. That being said, books with a large amount of color pull get 3.0s, and books with moderate color pull get 4.0s or 4.5s. I don't see how a book with a less severe color related defect can get much lower than a book with the more severe color defect. sumo.gif

i see 4 different spots that are large plus the back cover is ugly! To me it's no better than 3.0 - the # of scuffs is just too great!