• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Modern Submission Prices ...cheaper?

38 posts in this topic

OK...I'll watch the charges closely on my next lot to ensure that they calculate my bills properly! 893naughty-thumb.gif

Hey greg,

I called CGC for my economy grades, so I just asked about the modern submission rates. Yes, the dealer discounts are factored in. insane.gif

Sounds like another great conspiracy theory and all rolleyes_2.gif, but the more likely scenario is that the dealer discounts are factored "in addition" to the new, lower prices. So, send in some X-books @$12 a pop, get 'em back in a month, flip 'em on ebay as every nut out there is crazy about X-men right now, and that's not a bad price man!!! Or better yet, use those 9.6/9.8's as tradebait to get some books you really want instead of having three to sixteen copies of every Byrne X-men! makepoint.gif

So prices are the same, and CGC is just playing funny with their listed costs?

Naw, CGC actually brought modern submission prices back to the normal rate of $15. The dealer discount of 20% will bring it down to $12 once again!

Man, if this new policy was in effect last week, you wouldn't be seeing my raw NM Warlocks up on ebay currently (and a few others probably!!). We'll see if the reduced rates are extended past the end of the summer, and whether or not another "new" grading company comes on-line before then as some have alluded to. You have to figure CGG's pretty explicit statement that they're looking to be the bronze-modern grading company du jour helped effect this change.

I would think CGC is counting on a baseline of "modern" (as in this week's books) submittals to keep their business going, and with lower prices being brought by CGC moderns, it makes sense to lower the grading prices in order to increase submissions and get back to the modern baseline (dollar-wise).

After all, once all the high grade gold and silver books available to be graded have been submitted, Heritage can only clean and press so many re-submittals at a time!! blush.gif

I'm gonna say it... I really am.... ulp....

Good move CGC!!

893whatthe.gif........that post made me think trumpets were going to start sounding and Christians were going to start disappearing as mentioned in the prophecies of the book of Revelations.

Modern Submission Prices ...cheaper?

I was talking with Steve (Borock) at the NY Con this weekend and he mentioned something about a Convention Season Special for Modern submissions, starting last weekend and lasting through the end of the summer. I guess that is what these lower prices reflect. Theoretically, prices are due to go back up in the fall.

Gene

Better start submitting before the FALL! goodevil.gif