• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TTA 63 AND TTA 65...

6 posts in this topic

Don't send these to CGC. You have to remember that you are paying $40 just to get them graded, plus the s&h cost, plus time and effort. The 8.0 is barely worth more than $40, and the 6.5 isn't even worth $40. Overall what I have seen from your books, are not CGC quality (in terms of profit). You have beautiful books (some better than mine, including these) but not worth sending to CGC. You want at least a 9.0, and more than like a 9.2+ for this era of TTA's to make it worth your while sending them.

thank you for the advise. I wish I had it a while back when i wasted a ton of $$ on books that did not grade over 9.0 ( my bad ) 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

Oh well I have 5000 books and was lucky enough to get a few of my spider-man books go over the 9.0 mark

WEBHEAD tonofbricks.gif

Webhead,

We all have experienced the same pain of eagerly awaiting a shipment of books back from CGC only to find the books have come back a full grade or more lower than expected. On the other hand I have been surpised the other way and in the end it seems things balanced out for me. I do agree with kingofrulers that these are nice books VF-/VF for the TTA 63 and FN/FN+ for the 65. The damge on the bottom FC is the real grade killer on the 65, without it it would be a VF- book.

Unless you have the money to throw away I would recommend keeping these the way they are and investing the money into other high grade books.

Just my 2 cents,

-Joeypost

Thanks i can always use a few more "sense"

Anyway i had 17 books graded that many came back less then i wished they would and I have only myself to blame since I was not as carefull as I am now.

Sometimes if you've only invested 12 cents in the book it is worth the $30 plus to get it graded if it is vf/nm and up... and then again sometimes it's not

WEBHEAD