• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please help me grade this Weird Science No.22

13 posts in this topic

I would appreciate any help grading this Weird Science No.22 cause it's heading to ebay.

At first look to me it's a solid 4.5 only do to the tiny 1/8x1/16 piece out of back cover. If not for that maybe a 5.5. Otherwise it has great color, some spine wear but no splits. Upper left corner has impact wrinkling. Book is super tight and flat with nice pages.

What makes this hard for me to grade is it has a "bend" or "fold" in the cover that runs full lengh from the "S" in Science at bottom up just to the right of the EC logo in the upper left. It's easy to see and feel when you run your finger over it.

What does this "fold" do to the grade? What do you call it, a crease?

Thanks guys headbang.gif

WS22FC.jpg

WS22BC.jpg

If the crease is non-color breaking, then I think I'd keep the grade at 4.5 and just describe the defect in the auction. I don't see the grade going much higher, but I think dropping to 4.0 would be too severe. So IMO, the grade you've already assigned is right on.

Wood's "My World" is in this ish, right? cloud9.gif Forum members are well advised to bid on this one!

Wood's "My World" is in this ish, right? cloud9.gif Forum members are well advised to bid on this one!

Yes, Wood's "My World" along with "A New Beginning" drawn by Williamson!

I think I'll start it out at $75 on EB and see what happens 893crossfingers-thumb.gif