• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Writers, Artists, Contributors needed for NEW comics Magazine :: Please read

23 posts in this topic

Hi...

I need contributors such as cover and feature artists, writers and all round general contributors, think you can do it? let me know now at angelo@invincibleironman.com

'ComicsUK' is the working title, any sugestions for our name would be great also!

Heres a little 'copy & paste' info about the magazine...

What & who is comicsuk?

ComicsUK is a brand new comics magazine for the UK reporting the latest and greatest in all things comics through news, reviews, previews and regular features. ComicsUK is 100% independant and dedicated to delivering the most authoritative advice and information to a most discerning readership. Combining high-quality editorial with cutting-edge design, ComicsUK will inspire comic fans, collectors and enthusiasts to purchase with respect, trust and confidence.

by comics fans, for comics fans The ComicsUK team are all media profesionals who want to share their passion for comics by producing a magazine that is much needed in the UK. Debuting with Issue 0, ComicsUK is ready to fill the void in the comics magazine market, providing consumers with a great magazine and advertisers a perfcet opportunity to capitalise on a revitalised and growing market.

What?s in comicsuk?

News, reviews & previews With a strong network of contacts and sources, ComicsUK covers the top stories in unrivalled depth. All our reviews are written excusively by our global network of contributors and regular contacts, while our previews section gives maximum publicity and exposure to upcomming comic books. Got a 5 page preview? No problem, we want it!

Features, competitions, creator interviews, advance lisitings, store directory, comic book economics, cgc graded comics news, toys, merchandise & much, much more... Yes, you guessed it, its the UK?s equivalent of Wizard comics magazine aimed directly at the UK market. Naturally, ComicsUK will be supported online via the ComicsUK website where readers can keep up with the latest daily news from the comic industry, chat in the forums and enjoy ComicsUK reportage.

So, get in touch now at the email above or at this link:

I'm Interested, heres my details

Many thanks in advance

Angelo

Hence the reason I specificaly mentioned it was a working title and asked for suggestions.

Anything constructive to add or just posted to state the blindingly obvious?

The reason the 'working title' is 'ComicsUK' is to demonstrate that it will be a magazine published in the UK and so I don't have to explain over and over again that it is not a new magazine for the USA.

Please don't take this as an agresive reply, its just I've been bouncing aorung my office trying to come up with a great title, we all look at 'ComicsUK' and see ComicSUCK every day so its a bit of a touchy subejct.

Further more...

If we registed comisuk.com, just imagine the laughs that would get...

[comicsSUCKcome]

Anyways, back to the drawing board.

wink.gif

The reason the 'working title' is 'ComicsUK' is to demonstrate that it will be a magazine published in the UK and so I don't have to explain over and over again that it is not a new magazine for the USA.

So where is this going to be published? Watch out for Wizard in the US market, as they're animals. insane.gif

We are publishing in the UK: England, Scotland, Wales, Ireland, Channel Islands. Maybe a few years down the line we might try and break into the US, but as yet we only have plans for the UK market

We are publishing in the UK: England, Scotland, Wales, Ireland, Channel Islands.

Won't you be competing directly with Comics International over there? From what I can remeber that has a very low cover price also.

Indeed, we'd like to term it as co habiting the magazine market. Our magazine is very different from Comics International, so Dez Skin will have nothing to worry about. Our magazine is also comic book sized dimensions, and will have a low cover price, lower than Comics International also.

Our magazine is also comic book sized dimensions, and will have a low cover price, lower than Comics International also.

So it will be printed on newsprint like Comics International then, rather than on glossier stock like Wizard?

UKomics

Comics in the Kingdom

Graphic World UK

Words, Pictures & Brits, oh my!

Accent on Comics

A Bloke's Guide to American Comics in the UK

Comics don't sUK

ComUKs

CBUK (Comic Books UK)

My Kingdom for a Comic

UK Guide to Comics

US comics in the UK

UKnown Worlds

Superheroes UK

Powerful Pages

It's okay to stomp on me. sumo.gif

Hence the reason I specificaly mentioned it was a working title and asked for suggestions.

Hey.....you asked for help and I gave you an opinion. You stated that was your working title and gave no inclination that you thought it might seem strange to you. Hence.....I pointed it out.

A simple......"yeah, we thought it sounded strange as well".......would have sufficed. How about changing it to "AttitudeSucks"? smirk.gif

Hey.....you asked for help and I gave you an opinion. You stated that was your working title and gave no inclination that you thought it might seem strange to you. Hence.....I pointed it out.

A simple......"yeah, we thought it sounded strange as well".......would have sufficed. How about changing it to "AttitudeSucks". smirk.gif

I did say in my reply that I was not responding in an aggresive way, I also made a joke about how far our wrking title could be taken... I sufficiently fulfilled the yeah, we thought it sounded strange as well" factor in my reply and feel that "AttitudeSucks" is slightly un called for.

Either way, if you felt my original reply was aggresive then I apologise, that was not its intention, reiterating that I did point out it was an yeah, we thought it sounded strange as well" in the first place.

So it will be printed on newsprint like Comics International then, rather than on glossier stock like Wizard?

Nope, a better, higher quality paper than Comics International and full colour throughout

I did say in my reply that I was not responding in an aggresive way, I also made a joke about how far our working title could be taken... I sufficiently fulfilled the yeah, we thought it sounded strange as well" factor in my reply and feel that "AttitudeSucks" is slightly un called for.

893censored-thumb.gif you.

Please don't take that as an agressive reply.

(Relax fortysevenuk......I'm just yanking your chain) insane.gif

Just a question about content, you say that it will be specifically targeted to the UK market.

Other than the additional UK published books, how do you see the UK market as differnt from the US one?

I did say in my reply that I was not responding in an aggresive way, I also made a joke about how far our working title could be taken... I sufficiently fulfilled the yeah, we thought it sounded strange as well" factor in my reply and feel that "AttitudeSucks" is slightly un called for.

893censored-thumb.gif you.

Please don't take that as an agressive reply.

(Relax fortysevenuk......I'm just yanking your chain) insane.gif

hehe, no worries, I am so worried I might come across the wrong way sometimes... must be my Italian blood... but yeah, I've been banging my head against the desk for a month over this ComicSUCK thing... I'ts driving me mad... I will work it out in the end

wink.gif

hehe, no worries, I am so worried I might come across the wrong way sometimes... must be my Italian blood... but yeah, I've been banging my head against the desk for a month over this ComicSUCK thing... I'ts driving me mad... I will work it out in the end wink.gif

I'll see if I can come up with a few other suggestions for you......as I'm sure others will. I saw that name and realized what you were trying to convey.......but I also thought that sometimes the really obvious things don't always stick out to everybody in the same way........expecially to people from different countries. wink.gif

Essentially, the UK market has nothing like Wizard, being a comic collector myself it really annoys me that we dont have a magazine as good as that. I've spoken to a number of comic shop owners and they all agree a home grown magazine like Wizard is needed. I'd say the UK market feels limited because it is solely dependant on US magazines to promote the comics. Also graphic design plays a big part, if you compare an English mag to a US mag you will see a massive difference in layout, humour and style which again effects the end user.

By packaging my magazine in a more 'English' manner the reader gets his fix from a UK based mag, which he can become part of and find out all the info he needs at the same time. Its a comfort thing.... if you know what I mean...

As for market figures and sales of comics, the UK justifies another mag on the market.

hehe, no worries, I am so worried I might come across the wrong way sometimes... must be my Italian blood... but yeah, I've been banging my head against the desk for a month over this ComicSUCK thing... I'ts driving me mad... I will work it out in the end wink.gif

I'll see if I can come up with a few other suggestions for you......as I'm sure others will. I saw that name and realized what you were trying to convey.......but I also thought that sometimes the really obvious things don't always stick out to everybody in the same way........expecially to people from different countries. wink.gif

believe me I know... alI I've heard from my girl or month is COMIC SUCK, COMIC SUCK, COMIC SUCK, COMIC SUCK... gggrrrrr