• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rarest Silver age comic???

53 posts in this topic

I don't believe the "rarest" silver age book will be a DC, and certainly not a 60's Marvel, or probably any Dell. I know of at least a couple "Atlas" that are extremely tough. Michelle Nolan would be in a good position to give her opinion, being that she is primarily a 50's collector.

Since the Silver Age started in 1956, I would say that, It's Gametime #2 is the rarest Silver Age comic. All of the Gametime books are rare except for the first one.

I don't believe the "rarest" silver age book will be a DC, and certainly not a 60's Marvel, or probably any Dell. I know of at least a couple "Atlas" that are extremely tough. Michelle Nolan would be in a good position to give her opinion, being that she is primarily a 50's collector.

holy crud this thread is 10 years old!

Good thoughts

Since the Silver Age started in 1956, I would say that, It's Gametime #2 is the rarest Silver Age comic. All of the Gametime books are rare except for the first one.

Why does everyone assume it's a DC?

I would say what I think it is (Its a Marvel)...but I am looking for one and dont want to start interest in it. lol I have not seen a copy of it for sale....EVER! As soon as I get one I will post it...but that might take a few years. lol

Then you're not talking about a Marvel, you're talking about an Atlas or Timely...

It's impossible to know what book is the rarest because someone has to be looking for it to know if it's rare. Only completists and people who actively collect a lot of stuff get a real feel for what’s hard to find and what isn’t.

Take a book like that giant 50 cent Peter Pan for example, it's not rare at all, but I used to hear it is. How about Rudolph Annual 1963, seen a bunch of those. Legends of Daniel Book, Charlie Chan....seen too many of those to think they are rare. It’s going to be something nobody gives a *spoon* about that is so rare, but since nobody gives a *spoon* about it, who cares if it's rare?

I picked one stupid little title to collect that has two issues I feel are rare. But I am not going to say what title cause I am still looking for another issue. And...I don’t know if it's one of the rarest silver age, cause I only know it's rare because I have been looking for one (for two decades!)