• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please grade ASM #33

19 posts in this topic

Very Nice! It's amazing how nice a spine can be preserved when the staple placement is a full 3/8" to the BC - any interior flaws? I ask only because this often gives rise to tears at the staples on interior pages . . . 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Very Nice! It's amazing how nice a spine can be preserved when the staple placement is a full 3/8" to the BC - any interior flaws? I ask only because this often gives rise to tears at the staples on interior pages . . . 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

No tears on the interior it looks unread to my untrained eye.

That is, if that slight waviness on the back is a result of oil transfer and not a water stain.

yea its oil transfer and not water damage ......thank god.

There's what looks like a 3/8" impact crease to the LRBC along with very light spine corner wear . . .

I'd have to go with an 8.5

yup its very light but you can see color break and a bit of the result on the front also.

Yeah, with that impact id still give it a 9.0. Beautiful book

How about a 9.2 grin.gif

That is, if that slight waviness on the back is a result of oil transfer and not a water stain.

There's what looks like a 3/8" impact crease to the LRBC along with very light spine corner wear . . .

yup its very light but you can see color break and a bit of the result on the front also.

How about a 9.2 grin.gif

Ok, twist my arm . . . 9.2 sumo.gif

grin.gif Beautiful copy! thumbsup2.gif

How about a 9.2 grin.gif

sorry! 9.0 boo.giftonofbricks.gif

It's a beautiful book no question, but can a book get as high as 9.2 with the back looking so discolored? (and yep, I know the scan probably exaggerates the discoloration) Say you have a #33 with identical structure and a bright off-white back that is a solid 9.2. Would this book grade the same even with the back cover so visibly different?

The scanner is giving it a bad tint. I just bought the scanner sunday so Im not sure if its set right, heres a pic from my camera in more natural light.

P2160055.JPG

P2160056.JPG

you can see quite a difference. Open another window and do a side by side compare you will see what I mean.

WOW sure this is a real nice book really glossy cloud9.gif

No, that's a prime example of why you never buy from a photo . . . reflectivity gives the gloss a boost - scans are always more accurate sumo.gif

This is why some sellers (you know who you are) always use photos instead of scans . . . devil.gif

WOW sure this is a real nice book really glossy cloud9.gif

No, that's a prime example of why you never buy from a photo . . . reflectivity gives the gloss a boost - scans are always more accurate sumo.gif

This is why some sellers (you know who you are) always use photos instead of scans . . . devil.gif

I think scans give no hint of gloss, where pics give to much gloss, what is the happy medium??

I have to say that nothing beats looking at a book live and up close hail.gif. Its the absolute best way to know exactly what you are getting.

When I buy online Im holding my breath for 3 days hoping it looks as good as it did in that heavily brightened, color enhanced, digitally sharpened, strategically angled pic. 27_laughing.gif