• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

If a member asked you to end an auction for a price you deemed acceptible...

134 posts in this topic

But at the end of the day, it's his book. He can do with it whatever he wants... sell to someone else, keep it, eat it, whatever.

Tom is precisely correct here. sumo.gif

Correct in what way? Just reading his responses in this thread has pretty much guaranteed I would never bid on any of his auctions. confused-smiley-013.gif

What if your bestest CGC board buddy saw the book you were auctioning and wanted to buy it outright. This is someone you have had many successful dealings with in the past, both buying and selling. You tell him no?

Yes, I tell him no.

What a woos! grin.gif

No, I play by the rules. acclaim.gif Just because you don't like the rules doesn't mean you should ignore the rules.

But at the end of the day, it's his book. He can do with it whatever he wants... sell to someone else, keep it, eat it, whatever.

Correct in what way? Just reading his responses in this thread has pretty much guaranteed I would never bid on any of his auctions. confused-smiley-013.gif

Then I guess you didn't read close enough. I stated I almost never sell on Ebay. You can't buy if I don't sell. confused-smiley-013.gif

hi.gif Correct in the statement that I quoted directly above my statement . . . and he probably doesn't care if you bid on any of his stuff . . . I don't think he sells much at all. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

hi.gif Correct in the statement that I quoted directly above my statement . . . and he probably doesn't care if you bid on any of his stuff . . . I don't think he sells much at all. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

thumbsup2.gif

What if your bestest CGC board buddy saw the book you were auctioning and wanted to buy it outright. This is someone you have had many successful dealings with in the past, both buying and selling. You tell him no?

Yes, I tell him no.

What a woos! grin.gif

No, I play by the rules. acclaim.gif Just because you don't like the rules doesn't mean you should ignore the rules.

You think you do, which is worse . . . you obviously don't even know the rules. sumo.gif

I don't have a relationship with the rules, but I follow them to the letter. grin.gif

Then I guess you didn't read close enough. I stated I almost never sell on Ebay. You can't buy if I don't sell. confused-smiley-013.gif

It works out perfectly then. yay.gif

Yes, I tell him no.

What a woos! grin.gif

You think you do, which is worse . . . you obviously don't even know the rules. sumo.gif

I don't have a relationship with the rules, but I follow them to the letter. grin.gif

Ok, for those of us to lazy 996513-2182.gif to go look, what are you referring to Diva?

Ok, for those of us to lazy 996513-2182.gif to go look, what are you referring to Diva?

foreheadslap.gif here you go lazy-boy 27_laughing.gifEnding your listing early grin.gif

"Sellers are not permitted to cancel bids and end listings early in order to avoid selling an item that did not meet the desired sale price." 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

blush.gif Gambling at this establishment? I'm shocked and dismayed . . . Round up the usual suspects 27_laughing.gif

foreheadslap.gif here you go lazy-boy 27_laughing.gifEnding your listing early grin.gif

"Sellers are not permitted to cancel bids and end listings early in order to avoid selling an item that did not meet the desired sale price." 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Rules are generally read and interpreted as a whole, and not out of context . . .

If you cannot complete your listing as planned, you can end your listing before the scheduled date. If there are bids on your item, you can cancel them.

Reasons for ending listings early include:

The item is no longer available for sale. . .

I have ended only 5 auctions in my time selling, only because of some idiotic offers (tranlation: stupid money), but those auctions never had bids on them.

Yeah its your book, your auction you can do as you please, all that aside, I think its a ttty thing to do to end it when bids have already been placed, period. sumo.gif

Rules are generally read and interpreted as a whole, and not out of context . . .

If you cannot complete your listing as planned, you can end your listing before the scheduled date. If there are bids on your item, you can cancel them.

How is that quote out of context? I don't think there is more than one way to interpret this rule. 27_laughing.gif

"Note: Sellers are not permitted to cancel bids and end listings early in order to avoid selling an item that did not meet the desired sale price. This is considered to be reserve fee circumvention. Although there are legitimate reasons for ending a listing early, abuse of this option will be investigated."

How is that quote out of context? I don't think there is more than one way to interpret this rule. 27_laughing.gif

"Note: Sellers are not permitted to cancel bids and end listings early in order to avoid selling an item that did not meet the desired sale price. This is considered to be reserve fee circumvention. Although there are legitimate reasons for ending a listing early, abuse of this option will be investigated."

I agree, and the legitimate reasons are listed directly above . . . you're a lawyer? 27_laughing.gif I think you've made quite a few assumptions here . . . 893scratchchin-thumb.gif