• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

If a member asked you to end an auction for a price you deemed acceptible...

134 posts in this topic

[We've ALL heard your "holier than thou" sermons before 893blahblah.gif Broad generalizations fueled by assumptions . . .

If you can prove I've ever remotely screwed anyone, and I've dealt with a ton of Forum members, in a deal, I'm all ears...

Jim

FFs 117-191? 893crossfingers-thumb.gif I, of course, will wait for the auction to end if the book is listed.

I don't recall the FF issues off the top of my head, but I can tell you right now they wont be the condition you're probably looking for. Any way, if the deal goes through I'll be offering all of it on the boards before it goes to Ebay.

FFs 117-191? 893crossfingers-thumb.gif I, of course, will wait for the auction to end if the book is listed.

according to OG, i don't think you'll have any choice.

poke2.gif

I know that you know I was kidding, and most everyone else probably knows that as well, but just to clarify, I'd rather sell to a forum member for a little less then someone through Ebay simply for the convenience and to establish good business relationships with the wealth of sources that are on this board.

[We've ALL heard your "holier than thou" sermons before 893blahblah.gif Broad generalizations fueled by assumptions . . .

If you can prove I've ever remotely screwed anyone, and I've dealt with a ton of Forum members, in a deal, I'm all ears...

Jim

Jim,

I was speaking of your oratory, not your auctions or dealings yeahok.gif

"Sellers are not permitted to cancel bids and end listings early in order to avoid selling an item that did not meet the desired sale price."

Ending an auction early when there are valid bids is the equivalent of reneging in my opinion.

I put the practice of ending an item on the last day because of low price in the same category as shill bidding.

If it's something you couldn't do in a live auction, then it's something you shouldn't do on an online auction.

"Sellers are not permitted to cancel bids and end listings early in order to avoid selling an item that did not meet the desired sale price."

Ending an auction early when there are valid bids is the equivalent of reneging in my opinion.

I put the practice of ending an item on the last day because of low price in the same category as shill bidding.

If it's something you couldn't do in a live auction, then it's something you shouldn't do on an online auction.

Once again, not exactly the subject of this thread . . . grin.gif

Jim

Jim,

I was speaking of your oratory, not your auctions or dealings yeahok.gif

It's not a generalization...it's how I truly feel. I treat others how I wish to be treated. And in this case, there's nothing hypocritical in my views on dealers who screw other people whether it's of the magnitude of an Ewert or stopping auctions with bids to get an under the table deal. I've never done others wrong when dealing comics and expect others to deal the same way with me. I talk the talk and walk the walk in this instance. Some may think it's too high an expectation on my part but it's my opinion...and an expectation that will be a deal breaker should the other side not meet it...

Unlike you who sees nothing wrong with screwing bidders who are trying to deal in good faith with you...

And let me say there are plenty enough honest dealers and buyers who meet these expectations that I never have to deal with those that don't...

Jim

I have ended only 5 auctions in my time selling, only because of some idiotic offers (tranlation: stupid money), but those auctions never had bids on them.

Yeah its your book, your auction you can do as you please, all that aside, I think its a ttty thing to do to end it when bids have already been placed, period. sumo.gif

Well ya got me beat, I've only ended three gossip.gif All on the same book 27_laughing.gif . . . for the same reason.

Niko, if I start an auction at $.99 and it gets bid up to $6.99 with 5 bids, and it's a $1,000+ book . . . you're telling me I can't end the auction and sell it privately for $1,650? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

insane.gif

According to Ebay's rules NO!!!

Once again, not exactly the subject of this thread . . . grin.gif

Ending an auction early isn't the subject of this thread? confused-smiley-013.gif

"If a member asked you to end an auction for a price you deemed acceptible..."

Is anyone willing to ask Ebay live help this question? I'd be willing.

How can eBay answer this question?

If a member asked you to end an auction for a price you deemed acceptible...

screwy.gif

well, DUH! I'll change it to a "previous buyer" or something like that. screwy.gif

Are you scared of the answer? poke2.gif