• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please help grade this Weird Science #19

5 posts in this topic

A great copy, very flat and super glossy, but with 2 major defects. A 1/4" tear at the bottom center of cover. And a 1/2"x 3/16" piece of tape over the top staple on the centerfold inside the book 893censored-thumb.gif! I'm guessing that it was put there because the centerfold was loose at the top staple?

Man, I would of graded this a 6.5 but is a grade of 4.5 the max for this copy because of the interior tape? Also what does a 1/4" tear limit a books grade?

Thanks as always!

WS19FC.jpg

WS19BC.jpg

Man, I would of graded this a 6.5 but is a grade of 4.5 the max for this copy because of the interior tape? Also what does a 1/4" tear limit a books grade?

If I were selling this book I would grade no higher than 5.5 if this were a silver age or later book 4.5/5.0 but I think most people give golden/atom age a little grading curve especially when you consider that the book has a high level of preservation for the most part which is fairly uncommon on these old EC"S!

GREAT BOOK! thumbsup2.gif