• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

For your info Batman V.S. Osamma???

37 posts in this topic

Hey you wake up poke2.gif this is a chat board not a flop house!

I know of the event but it doesn't excite me one bit. Comics are supposed to escapist entertainment...not real world headlines on the four color radar... makepoint.gif

If I want to read about al-Qeada, the popular press does more than an adequate job...

Jim

I really like the idea.

I love to see Superman beating up Nazis on WWII Covers, Captain America smashing commies, and I look forward to Bats taking it to Al Qaeda. Kinda cathartic IMO.

Carthartic for who really? This isn't the 40s when information wasn't readily available to the masses? Does comic characters who slam perceived real world foes really turn you on? Seems like nothing but a cheap capitalization of people's fears to me. The real world and comics should stay separate. Who wants to read about Batman cleaning up the al-Qrada mess when the mess is still there and won't be erased once the 6 month storyline is over and nothing has changed?

That's why comics should stick with adventurous/escapist entertainment. It's an avenue where people can go and get away from the "real world"...

Jim

Comics are supposed to escapist entertainment...not real world headlines on the four color radar... makepoint.gif

Jim

It's a good thing the people that created these didn't share your POV.

best.jpg

allwin.jpg

Different time...different information flow.

The Internet Age has made this type propaganda mute...

If you get your jollies from your favorite superhero whacking real world terrorist butt...more power to ya. Make sure you tell your friends...

Jim

I really like the idea.

I love to see Superman beating up Nazis on WWII Covers, Captain America smashing commies, and I look forward to Bats taking it to Al Qaeda. Kinda cathartic IMO.

I like the idea too. And it's about time. thumbsup2.gif

I thought that's what myth & fantasy heros were supposed to do. Be heroic? Defeat evil? confused.gif

As far as "comics are supposed to be escapist", yeah, that's the whole point, isn't it? confused-smiley-013.gif

I think it's nice to escape into a comic book fantasy where the hero goes and beats the snot-slinging 893censored-thumb.gif out of real world evil-doers. Head on, in their face, with us cheering them on. And I certainly think a real-world evil that puts organized teams into neighborhoods, with the sole intent of killing as many of us as possible, qualifies as "bad guys". An Al Qaeda cell should meet The Batman, if only in our comic book fantasies.

Personally I hope he 893censored-thumb.gif kicks the living 893censored-thumb.gif out of 'em.