• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM my King Size Hulk 1

27 posts in this topic

I took a chance on a small scan and scored this one. It makes up for the half dozen piles of garbage I have gotten in the last week or two. crazy.gif

Small corner crease top right. Slight spine wear. Nice bright colors and good gloss.

KSH1.jpg

KSH1bk.jpg

Why do you bother with the high risk sales?

Because in the aggregate the benefits have FAR outweighed the detriments. I would say I have saved several thousand dollars in cost off dealer prices by taking calculated risks, just in the last six months. I get burned sometimes, but 75% of those are returned for refunds and the other 25% are low dollar books.

Because in the aggregate the benefits have FAR outweighed the detriments. I would say I have saved several thousand dollars in cost off dealer prices by taking calculated risks. I get burned sometimes, but 75% of those are returned for refunds and the other 25% are low dollar books.

Understood, but there are many excellent private sellers who sell at a fraction of dealer's prices, have got the goods, and provide solid reliable service . . . 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

angel.gif

Because in the aggregate the benefits have FAR outweighed the detriments. I would say I have saved several thousand dollars in cost off dealer prices by taking calculated risks. I get burned sometimes, but 75% of those are returned for refunds and the other 25% are low dollar books.

Understood, but there are many excellent private sellers who sell at a fraction of dealer's prices, have got the goods, and provide solid reliable service . . . 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

angel.gif

Very true, and I buy from them when the discounts are there. For keys though, no dealer, public or private, is going to cut me deals like the ones I have gotten on eBay. I posted a few in another thread and nobody would have given me prices like that. confused-smiley-013.gif

Plus I like the gambling aspect. blush.gif

Grading the original King Size Hulk 1...torn between 7.5 and 8.0 because of the small corner crease, but I think it might squeak by with an 8.0 just b/c the edges & spine look so crisp otherwise.

On the ebay-gamble thing, I'm so in Andy's camp. My GA collection of the last five years wouldn't even exist without ebay. Examples too numerous to list. The books I collect are way too expensive at any dealer site if you can find them at all, and often I return home from NYC conventions empty-handed because the low-grade GA selection is so poor and the prices so laughably high. I would have limited patience with continued gambles on $10 BA books, but I can totally relate to how the rewards of ebay buying outweigh the risks regardless of what you collect.