• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Holy Frijoles!!!!!! Anybody else see this?????

45 posts in this topic

I guess I was hoping for something along the lines or exporting to a text file, adding pics, sending file names to a PDA while visitign a comiccon.

You've got the right idea. It should do those things, I agree. Don't get me wrong, I don't think the .pdf is worth $25, but I can see where some people might like it.

What makes you think they've sunk a lot of money into it? If they have, it sounds to me like they got ripped off...the guide is done in Quark, and I'm pretty sure there's a way to save Quark documents to PDF form directly. Although I could be wrong since it's been a while since I used Quark.

I guess there could also be a bit of necessary reformatting in Acrobat, depending upon how the export went...hmmmm.

Printing to PDF is easy. If you have a full-version copy of Adobe Acrobat, you can print to PDF from any application. The price issue everyone seems to be raising is really a moot point. The security handler in this file is worth its weight in gold as it is one of the few data encryption systems that has yet to be cracked. Even if it cost Bob $24 for the security, it gives him peace of mind that he won't have to spend ten times that amount chasing thieves who are lifting data from his work.

Overstreet doesn't own the price guide anymore...Diamond/Gemstone does

If Diamond/Gemstone are considered owners because they fund the publication, do they still mention "by Robert Overstreet" because they feel compelled enough to do so, or is there more to it? I'm thinking it might have something to do with the unique way in which the research conducted by R. Overstreet is linked to one person more than to any one corporate entity. Anyone know why the honorable mention if the guide no longer belongs to R. Overstreet? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Overstreet doesn't own the price guide anymore...Diamond/Gemstone does

If Diamond/Gemstone are considered owners because they fund the publication, do they still mention "by Robert Overstreet" because they feel compelled enough to do so, or is there more to it? I'm thinking it might have something to do with the unique way in which the research conducted by R. Overstreet is linked to one person more than to any one corporate entity. Anyone know why the honorable mention if the guide no longer belongs to R. Overstreet? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Brand name recognition. Overstreet's name has become synonymous with comic book pricing to the majority of collectors.