• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM: Marvel Spec Edition #15 *1st Shang Chi* LARGER SCAN

21 posts in this topic

This was from the same batch that flooded the market a year or 2 ago...the shop I work at has a long box full and sent in the best copies they had...all came back in the 9.4 or above range if I remember right.

They are not into CGC at all, but I do remember hearing about how people were e-mailing just upset as can be that they were flooding the market with all these books.

I know...

It seems whenever I try to load at photobucket it scales the front cover down, but not the BC. I am going to try and get a larger version of the front cover. It is very nice with original gloss.

Sad part guys...

The shop that I work at (besides teaching) sent in about 10 of these a year or 2 ago...they all came back in the 9.2 and higher.

The deal: The shop has a long box full of these...uncirculated

ON MY LIFE!!!

I am not sure where they got them, although I think they might have been a railcar find. I will have to dig deeper...

In fact they were reselling right away and were receiving e-mails from upset people that said they were flooding the market. Yikes!

Sad part guys...

The shop that I work at (besides teaching) sent in about 10 of these a year or 2 ago...they all came back in the 9.2 and higher.

The deal: The shop has a long box full of these...uncirculated

ON MY LIFE!!!

I am not sure where they got them, although I think they might have been a railcar find. I will have to dig deeper...

In fact they were reselling right away and were receiving e-mails from upset people that said they were flooding the market. Yikes!

Not all that surprising with this book.

There was a seller on eBay two or three years ago doing the exact same thing (maybe it WAS you guys? confused-smiley-013.gif).

Anyway he was selling off group lots of HG 9.0/9.2 raw issues and also various quantities of CGC 9.4, 9.6 and 9.8 copies. All over a period of about 4 months.

I am sure a few board members would have purchased some, his eBay handle escapes me now though. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

111 copies in the census at 9.4 or better

sure, that's plenty of copies, but it doesn't sound like long box after long box of copies are being submitted and coming back 9.4s

Koch used to have these in quantity, but they're all gone now

I will talk to them and see if they are willing to sell (which I would imagine would be the point of having all of them?!). Every person that I have talked to about this comic asks the same thing, can you get me one?

If you are really interested, PM me and maybe I can get a better deal on 4 or 5 at a time. I will also see the price on the copy they have 'on the wall', not the copy I would buy 27_laughing.gif

There was a seller on eBay two or three years ago doing the exact same thing (maybe it WAS you guys? confused-smiley-013.gif).

His EBay ID was "pandorn" and I myself bought a few copies from him. The scenario is similar to bettyswalls, and a TON of these books are still raw and not part of the Census.

It was only after he sold a few stacks that any of his own stock started going to CGC, and then he had a ready supply of CGC 9.2-9.8 copies coming back, but that's only the tip of the iceberg as far as the raw quantity goes.

[Anyway he was selling off group lots of HG 9.0/9.2 raw issues and also various quantities of CGC 9.4, 9.6 and 9.8 copies.

Actually, that is incorrect. Like many other "warehouse finds" pandorn just started listing them innocently on EBay, mostly with $9.99 BINs or open auctions that usually sold between $10 and $20. He sold tons that way.

I got curious one time and bought one, and was literally blown away by the condition - 9.4-9.6 or higher, easy, so it was obvious he wasn't "holding back" the 9,4 and above copies. I inquired about buying a few more, was told they had "stacks and boxes" of the comic from an old dealer find, and bought a few more.

These came back in superb shape as well, and I was just going to nab a larger quantity when his auction prices suddenly spiked (word got around), and he got the idea to send them to CGC. After that, the CGC 9.2-9.8 train started up and it never stopped for a year or two. It was stupid for awhile there, and I bet half the CGC 9.X copies are from his subs.

And I bet if everyone who bought those first copies raw were to send them in, the HG Census numbers would triple, easy.