• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Amazing Spider-Man #15

16 posts in this topic

Lee,

I would definitely send this one for pressing...

Funny, you are not the first person to suggest this. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Mephisto you are correct, the book does have moisture damage along the left edge.

How about someone venturing a grade?

Once pressed, given the tear on the back cover : 7.0 sorry.gif

There is no tear on the back cover, that is a crease. gossip.gif

By the way, this book has been liberated from a CGC slab, so I have their grade in it's current state. Let's see if anyone can nail it.

I will post the slab label in a couple of days.

I don't think pressing will help this book. The moisture damage is in the paper, and it's not going anywhere. Pressing is used to help books with certain types of creasing, not books with water caused wrinkles. I don't think pressing will do anything except flatten it momentarily. 4.5

I think 4.5 is a good guess, though I'm usually way off on assessing how much CGC docks a book for an odd defect like this. But since all the pages are presumably affected and not just the cover, I can't see how it could grade higher than that. I'll go with a 4.5.

I don't think pressing will help this book. The moisture damage is in the paper, and it's not going anywhere. Pressing is used to help books with certain types of creasing, not books with water caused wrinkles. I don't think pressing will do anything except flatten it momentarily. 4.5

Well, King, I think you're flat-out wrong there (pun intended) . . . but not being a pressing expert, I dunno. I understand that to effectively press a book, both heat and humidity are applied. I further understand that the pressee is permanently flattened.

Perhaps someone with "hands-on" experience can chime in here . . . 893scratchchin-thumb.gif