• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Will CBG Cover Controversial Issues?

184 posts in this topic

I guarantee you the 99% figure is an exaggeration.

I'll tell you what. I'll print up a poll and ask the guy at the LCS to leave it on his counter for a week. There will be three questions on the poll.

1. Have you ever seen a CGC comic in person?

2. Have you ever touched a CGC comic?

3. Have you ever bought or sold a CGC comic?

I'm willing to concede that my 99% is a very slight exaggeration. At the same time I'm willing to make a cash wager the poll will show that 95% have never bought or sold a CGC comic. I'm willing to put my money where my mouth is when it comes to knowing the buyers in the market area I've lived and collected in for 25 years.

Excellent idea, OG. Everyone should take it to their LCS and see what the results are. I'm sure it would be very interesting. I would change the questions slightly though.

1. Do you know about CGC and it's products?

2. Have you ever seen a CGC product in person?

3. Have you ever bought a CGC comics?

4. Would you submit a comic to CGC?

Sounds good. I'll be going to my LCS this afternoon for my weekly fix and I'll take the survey with me then. Anyone else have input for the survey?

Ok, I'm letting the survey run one more week, but here are some rough numbers:

1. Do you know about CGC and it's products?

Yes = 15%

No = 85%

2. Have you ever seen a CGC product in person?

Yes = 20%

No = 80%

3. Have you ever bought a CGC comics?

Yes = 10%

No = 90%

4. Knowing what you know right now, would you submit a comic to CGC?

Yes = 10%

No = 90%

Again, these aren't hard numbers, but they are accurate within about 5% one way or the other.

So, judging thus far, it looks as though I should have taken that cash wager. gossip.gif

Yup, you were completly right and I was completly wrong.

At the very least, a question should be added to follow an affirmative answer to "do you knowi about CGC?", "do you use CGC?", if no, "why not?"

That answer would be more helpful.

That wasn't the purpose of the survey, was it? In fact, most of the discussion post-results has been decidedly OT from the original purpose of the poll.

OG was asserting that the CGC marketing machine hadn't penetrated his area... okay, really I just wanted to say that "the CGC marketing machine hadn't penetrated his area".

My work here is done. (You're still missing the original point, though.)

You didn't need a poll to determine this. Very obvious they haven't, as is the most likely reason(s), which are referenced above.

My apologies if I took the poll OT.