• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC FORUM TOP BRONZE AGE COVERS - #6

27 posts in this topic

Boo. insane.gif I never liked the green face and it does not have that iconic image vibe going for it(I know I'm killing you with my technical rhetoric screwy.gif). Though Supes was my #1 choice at the time of voting, it defines him from my POV, my favorite Adams -c is JLA 138 Adam Strange(now that's a classic).

th_JLA138.jpg

...I don't think a lot of hard core Adams fans liked this cover when it came out,..his pencils were getting a little loose towards the end of his DC run,...there is definitely a difference between the Adams covers prior to 1974 and after,...

I agree that his style and perhaps, concentration level varied from his earlier work (maybe he wasn't as hungry . . .) but I'll toss my hat into the ring on the JLA cover too, it's a great composition (even if the JLA characters took him about 5 minutes to sketch . . .)

hi.gif(nice books, btw - gratzie)

thumbsup2.gif...de nada,...

Boo. insane.gif I never liked the green face and it does not have that iconic image vibe going for it(I know I'm killing you with my technical rhetoric screwy.gif). Though Supes was my #1 choice at the time of voting, it defines him from my POV, my favorite Adams -c is JLA 138 Adam Strange(now that's a classic).

th_JLA138.jpg

...I don't think a lot of hard core Adams fans liked this cover when it came out,..his pencils were getting a little loose towards the end of his DC run,...there is definitely a difference between the Adams covers prior to 1974 and after,...

I agree that his style and perhaps, concentration level varied from his earlier work (maybe he wasn't as hungry . . .) but I'll toss my hat into the ring on the JLA cover too, it's a great composition (even if the JLA characters took him about 5 minutes to sketch . . .)

hi.gif(nice books, btw - gratzie)

thumbsup2.gif...de nada,...

I love that JLA - Adam Strange Cover by Adams, of course Adam Strange app. are the only non-Batman DC SA books I collect so I might be biased wink.gif