• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Settle this dispute on a Cap #109! Grades please!

20 posts in this topic

I say this book is a 9.0. Others tell me it is a 7.0 or 7.5. I think they are dead wrong. They try and say the staples bring it down. Now, even severe staple misalignment is allowed in 9.4 and 9.6. I don't think it is an issue at all in this lower grade range. I don't see enough spine stresses to bring it down. Actually the biggest defect I see with the book is two small spots of what seems to be non absorbed staining. Meaning it looks to be just on the surface, which is certainly allowed in 9.0. I need your opinion!

scan00153yz.jpg

Unless there are back cover flaws, I don't see this as any lower than an 8.5. confused-smiley-013.gif

Exactly where I came out, even before I read Andy's comment. I would dock it just slightly below 9.0 for the stains at the top, so a solid 8.5 is right where I end up. IMO, no problem with the staples at all. Nice book King, hope it works out... 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

8.0/8.5 Certainly in the eights. Small stains would keep it out of the 9s I think, but 7s is way too low since there are no creases. Who put that NM sticker on there? A LCS? 27_laughing.gif

Well...with that price sticker no higher than a 4.0... poke2.gif

Just Kidding.

I don't see the staples being an issue at all...the big concerns are the (slight)

staining on TE and possible slight foxing on TE..

Can't see this going below an 8.5...spine, corners, etc all VF/NM quality or better..

Nice book! 893applaud-thumb.gifthumbsup2.gif

Very bright copy, VF- is pretty harsh but 9.0 is also reaching a little.

I would call this a strong VF or a weak VF+ based on the defects along the top edge.

Decent book, however there is some heavy tanning on the cover (unless it is your scanner). Staples are not a problem and the slight mis-alignment is also not a concern. This book had an unusually high grade paper quality during printing. The 10 copies I have had over the years all had suoer gloss and super bone white pages. I would call this one 8.5...but that color cover and right edge dust shadow really bothers me...

Decent book, however there is some heavy tanning on the cover (unless it is your scanner). Staples are not a problem and the slight mis-alignment is also not a concern. This book had an unusually high grade paper quality during printing. The 10 copies I have had over the years all had suoer gloss and super bone white pages. I would call this one 8.5...but that color cover and right edge dust shadow really bothers me...

gossip.gifwherehouse find gossip.gif nothing to do with "high grade paper quality"

gossip.gifwherehouse find gossip.gif nothing to do with "high grade paper quality"

27_laughing.gif, yeah. Listen to Divad. Most of the books from the 1968+ revamp are pretty easy to find in high grade, with great cover inks. There was a huge print run on those books. tonofbricks.gif Thanks again for the opinions on this book.