• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hey, I just ran into a guy that....

48 posts in this topic

Sorry for the mistake; the GCDB splits them up at issue 142 being the first "The Uncanny X-men". Now I realize that they were using this title well before then.

Still, it's not in the 90's like nina's would be seller claims.

Ok, here's what happened.

Nothing. He didn't show up.

But, considering all this talk with Uncanny starting in the 140's, lets call this a false alarm. If anything else developes (which I don't think it will) I'll let you guys know.

Uh, try not to be too hard on my huh guys? blush.gif

Uh, try not to be too hard on my huh guys?

There's nothing wrong with getting a little excited about the possibility of find some nice key books. Unfortunately your tale ended with the usual stack of 80's/90's [!@#%^&^] that most old 'collectors' seem to have. makepoint.gif

No biggie, as you didn't lose any $$$. It was a fun tale to post here anyway. Thanks for sharing. 893applaud-thumb.gif

Uh, try not to be too hard on my huh guys?

There's nothing wrong with getting a little excited about the possibility of find some nice key books. Unfortunately your tale ended with the usual stack of 80's/90's [!@#%^&^] that most old 'collectors' seem to have. makepoint.gif

No biggie, as you didn't lose any $$$. It was a fun tale to post here anyway. Thanks for sharing. 893applaud-thumb.gif

I agree 1000%. For a couple of days we were allowed to speculate, all including yourself probably feeling that it would ultimately turn out to be nothing, but a small part thinking it actually COULD be something. It was vicarious fun and hey! Maybe he WILL be back tomorrow!

I think if almost anyone here said they DIDN'T get even just "a little excited" would be fibbing! (note - ALMOST anyone). grin.gif

I got a serious case of goose pimples from the excitement while reading this thread........and then my belly button started puckering and unpuckering in anticipation and....zzzzzzzzz........zzzzzzzzzz

I got a serious case of goose pimples from the excitement while reading this thread........and then my belly button started puckering and unpuckering in anticipation and....zzzzzzzzz........zzzzzzzzzz

Sounds like you got a real buzz out of it! 27_laughing.gif