• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hey, I just ran into a guy that....

48 posts in this topic

Ok, his 1st wolverine appearance was the re-print.

But, he didn't bring any X-Men 'cause the title that he thought was X-Men was actually Uncanny X-men. So, when he told me he had some in the '90's, I asked him to bring them in tomorrow.

Does he have a 94?

I kinda feel there's a better chance of this being there than the Hulk 181.

Ok, his 1st wolverine appearance was the re-print.

But, he didn't bring any X-Men 'cause the title that he thought was X-Men was actually Uncanny X-men. So, when he told me he had some in the '90's, I asked him to bring them in tomorrow.

Does he have a 94?

I kinda feel there's a better chance of this being there than the Hulk 181.

Are you feeling like an elevator now? grin.gif

The book WAS entitled X-Men in the 90's. Changed to Uncanny with issue 142 or therabouts.

Ok, his 1st wolverine appearance was the re-print. I kinda feel there's a better chance of this being there than the Hulk 181.

This guy's got nothing, and is probably laughing it up at home right now.

"Hey honey, this sap at the gym thinks I have valuable comics!!"

The book WAS entitled X-Men in the 90's. Changed to Uncanny with issue 142 or therabouts.

893whatthe.gif

Oh!

Nevermind. grin.gif

I'll see him anyway, 'cause he did say he had some in the '90's.

So now I'm really confused. confused.gif

UNCANNY X-MEN 142 came out in 1981...

What does this have to do with the discussion?

Have you been reading this thread properly? When I said X-Men in the 90's I wasn't stating the time period but issue numbers. tongue.gif

No one. BTW, wanna buy some real Marvel masterpieces? First appearances galore.... NM condition.... Maybe some X-Men in the 90's....

893whatthe.gif

Gee, thanks for the offer Joe but then what would I do with my originals?

27_laughing.gif

grin.gif

27_laughing.gif I spoke to a guy a week ago, a non collector that said that when his grandfather passed in 1997 his grandmother gave him a bunch of comics in a box that belonged to his Grandfather........he just put it in the closet........he is in the process of looking for them as we speak......cant wait to get that action comics #1 baby!

hate to say it, but i knew it.....we could've cleared this up yesterday by figuring out how old the dude was.

Yeah I coulda' said he was probably about 5 years old when Hulk 181 came out, but then we wouldn't have had all this fun. So, that would make him about 5 1/2 when X-Men 94 came out.

hmmmmm 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Nope, not holding my breath on this one.

hate to say it, but i knew it.....we could've cleared this up yesterday by figuring out how old the dude was. 893frustrated.gif893whatthe.gifmakepoint.gifstooges.gifacclaim.gif

Once again Supa, here's my original reply on the subject:

Yeah, I'd bet he trots in with a big smile on his face, carting some Marvel Milestone editions.

"Now gimme my $2K ya nasty varmint!!"

I think what you should do is call Chuck and ask him to negotiate on your behalf!!

lets see, three comics, at cover price?

I'll give ya a dollar twenty and take em off your hands cause I'm a nice guy!!

Well, considering "The Uncanny" didn't get added to the title of "X-men" until issue 142, I would say that the chances of this guy having a "The Uncanny X-men" # 94 are pretty slim.