• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Grade please - Cyblade/Shi

6 posts in this topic

Is there a light scratch/ding middle of right edge? or is that just the scan. If it's nothing, 9.4 with a shot at 9.6. Would need to see the back cover to really grade accurately in 9.X, but you probably know that... smile.gif

Is there a light scratch/ding middle of right edge? or is that just the scan. If it's nothing, 9.4 with a shot at 9.6. Would need to see the back cover to really grade accurately in 9.X, but you probably know that... smile.gif

Thanks very much for looking at this. I don't see any scratch/ding in the cover, so it may be the scan. As for the back, if it's as good as the front (and it is - just don't want to remove it from the mylite to scan) I can now have a pretty good reference point as to what a 9.4 - 9.6 should look like. I just want to know for a point of reference, so again - thanks!

headbang.gif

Well, my pleasure. thumbsup2.gif But with a book in that range, IMO it's much more accurate to use Overstreet's grading descriptions to carefully grade the book yourself. Scans can't show us tiny imperfections in gloss/etc that could drop a book from a 9.6 to a 9.4 or 9.2...with a reduced front cover scan & no back cover scan, we're pretty much just guessing. It's much easier to grade a book with visible flaws using scans.

All best!

Jon

Almost impossible to tell from a front scan on a modern, although what shows up looks good. I would agree with prior comments, 9.4 - 9.6.

Nice to see a fellow Rhodyboy..

Are you new to collecting?

Russ hi.gif

Almost impossible to tell from a front scan on a modern, although what shows up looks good. I would agree with prior comments, 9.4 - 9.6.

Nice to see a fellow Rhodyboy..

Are you new to collecting?

Russ hi.gif

Hi Russ - not "new" but I've taken about a 10 year layoff (kids, wife, etc.) Now I'm at a point where I can start getting back into it (still have kids, wife, etc. insane.gif) and am going through my old stuff. Unfortunately I know next to nothing about what's happening now in the hobby.

Which store/stores do you like here in RI? Nice to meet a fellow Ocean Stater!

headbang.gif