• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bargin or a bust please grade this ASM#14 purch from e-bay tiny scan

20 posts in this topic

newgreen1eb.jpg

newgreena8ag.jpg

well is it a bargin or a bust... what grade do you think it is?

only major flaw i found was that the top staple is connected firmly to the back covr but the top of the cover has seperated.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

WEBHEAD

yup... i have one that is from brition with the "pense" on the cover. nice book probably at 3.0. cool.gif this one was a gamble it had 2 pics that were cut off. confused.gifalso i had to walk him through sending via priority mail in the B O X. Well he did that pit it in a priority flat wrapped in bubbles but the seller did not bag or board it.. foreheadslap.gif. yikes thank got it made it to me safely. I'm happy with it, just wonder how it might rate. confused-smiley-013.gif

Thanks for your input

WEBHEAD

Is there a spine split at the bottom? Can't quite tell what's going on back cover BRC. Because of that area I'd probably say 3.5 to be safe, though the book presents much better with nice colors. I say you did well. thumbsup2.gif

Probably a 3.0 due to the piece missing at the bottom of the spine, the long center back cover crease and general wear. Still, it presents MUCH better than its technical grade and appears to have really nice color. Nice book for sure! 893applaud-thumb.gif

3.5; I think $250 is pretty steep. I think Spidey auctions are very hit and miss since there are so many of them. Sometimes you can get a deal and sometimes they go for sky high prices. I think I might have seen yours in auction; when did the auction take place?

I ended up getting a Spidey book though; $62+sh

b4_3.JPG

I think you both "screwed the pooch" on those "deals". Q: Why don't you buy books from reputable sellers . . . I just as soon smoke my money than buy cwapola like that . . . grin.gif

This last week. Lots of books up but pics were cut off. The description sounded promising and I had a Spidey #14 that I could deal in case I needed to cut the pain. It looks great. So I'm happy

WEBHEAD

I think you both "screwed the pooch" on those "deals". Q: Why don't you buy books from reputable sellers . . . I just as soon smoke my money than buy cwapola like that . . . grin.gif

He probably overspent on the 14, but the 17 wasn't TOO bad of a purchase. It guides for $140 in VG. confused-smiley-013.gif I would have passed on both personally, though I still think the 14 is a nice looking lower grade copy.

He probably overspent on the 14, but the 17 wasn't TOO bad of a purchase. It guides for $140 in VG. confused-smiley-013.gif I would have passed on both personally, though I still think the 14 is a nice looking lower grade copy.

And mine is a 4.5-5.0. grin.gif You won't find a deal like that at Mile High. yeahok.gif

And mine is a 4.5-5.0. grin.gif You won't find a deal like that at Mile High. yeahok.gif

Uh, no one mentioned Chucky . . . makepoint.gif I said "reputable sellers" . . . 27_laughing.gif

looks like you did alright to me! thumbsup2.gif