• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

While your grading Avengers 99's Give this one a look please

23 posts in this topic

I pulled this book specifically to scan and post. Divad put up a nice copy, so I'm posting this one now for a grade....and maybe a comparison on pros and cons. By the way, nice book Divad 9.2 on yours. 1143471-ComicBook0686.JPG1143471-ComicBook0687.JPG

1143471-ComicBook0687.JPG.129ac1d7628cafd815bf85196b1c15a0.JPG

CD,

Your scan is too small and too blurry . . .

gossip.gif Coincidentally, your grades are higher 27_laughing.gif

It appears that you have a slight impact to the ULFC, a small chip to the URFC and a tiny crease to the LRFC, Yes? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

hi.gif

CD,

It appears that you have a slight impact to the ULFC, a small chip to the URFC and a tiny crease to the LRFC, Yes? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

hi.gif

I'd like to, but the limit is 200kb when posting directly. My image is about 139 kb vs your monstrous 839 kb.

If I hosted my own images, it would be easier.

As far as your comments,

ULC is not impact damage, but miniscule bindery tear (production related)

Top edge, no overflash creasing or denting, and the two white spots are production related.

No chip upper right corner, 1/64 inch corner is slightly rounded in the bag.

No crease in the lower right corner ?? Or any of the corners for that matter. (wishful thinking poke2.gif)

Back Cover (dirt along spine is just what you see, and very minor stacking type) Wonder bread express.

Coincidentally my grades are higher, but I really think it's an easy 9.4 and might make 9.6. I'd never even guestimate an older book higher than that.

I'm thinking about CGC'ing this one.

When I graded that Hulk 181 7.5 to 8.0...CGC decided 8.5.

CD,

hi.gif

I'd like to, but the limit is 200kb when posting directly. My image is about 139 kb vs your monstrous 839 kb.

And? . . . confused-smiley-013.gif

As far as your comments,

Top edge, no overflash creasing or denting, and the two white spots are production related.

No crease in the lower right corner ?? Or any of the corners for that matter. (wishful thinking poke2.gif)

Back Cover (dirt along spine is just what you see, and very minor stacking type) Wonder bread express.

Coincidentally my grades are higher, but I really think it's an easy 9.4 and might make 9.6. I'd never even guestimate an older book higher than that.

It's definitely a great candidate, but even at 9.6, the book has a limited margin for profit. Given the ahem, confirmation of the details I'd say you're at a 9.4 perhaps, which you might be able to sell for what? $75-80? Which gives CGC half of the gross. . . 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

You certainly don't need CGC to tell you it's a great looking book, if you're keeping it. It's not like it's a Hulk #181 or sumthin' grin.gif

hi.gifflowerred.gif

Oh, and btw, this "production related" thing is blown way out of proportion. None of the things you point out are production related, it is plain and simple wear-related defects.

Production defects include: printer's creases, ink streaks, tiny bindery chips, mis-cuts and the like . . . all of which are generally common to a particular issue. sumo.gif

I haven't looked into the market for 9.6 CGC on this one. If it's value is what you're indicating, then definately no CGC route. I agree that it's not like it's a Hulk 181.....

How is the bindery tear that I noted not production related? (just not a chip like you noted).

How are white spots in the black areas not production related?

I haven't looked into the market for 9.6 CGC on this one. If it's value is what you're indicating, then definately no CGC route. I agree that it's not like it's a Hulk 181.....

How is the bindery tear that I noted not production related? (just not a chip like you noted).

How are white spots in the black areas not production related?

Collin,

Seriously, they are judgment calls that can only be made in hand. Suffice to say it's a beautiful copy . . . but before you consider slabbing it, check GPA and eBay sales and, perhaps more importantly, non-sales flowerred.gifhi.gif

The two white spots are "color flecks" and can be caused by numerous things. If the same two spots were on my copy, or any other copy for that matter, I'd definitely call them production related.

What you call a "bindery tear", I actually thought (in your tiny scan) poke2.gif looked like a slight impact - black covers sometimes show minute stress lines, without any apparent stress or source of damage . . .

As you pointed out the URFC is merely blunted and not chipped grin.gif

4.0 stooges.gif

Dredging up from the depths...I sent this in to make five, and the verdict is in.

CGC 9.4 White

CD,

hi.gif

As far as your comments,

When I graded that Hulk 181 7.5 to 8.0...CGC decided 8.5.