• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Lost BA beauties

23 posts in this topic

I was going through a box of comics that was way in the back of the closet and found some nice BA books. Here are three great-looking covers. What do you think they will grade at?

Here's one of my favorite Superboy covers. The back is clean and the pages are off-white on this one.

1147274-Superboy-143.jpg

1147274-Superboy-143.jpg.c8edb4ec74dd5788bcdd72b3ba36d6e7.jpg

Thanks, guys. I think you right on the Superboys. I thought the WWT would grade out higher, but after looking at it with a magnifying glass, I do spot two small spine creases, so I guess 8.5 to 9.0 would be right. I have a few more books from that box I want to scan tomorrow night and get your opinions. I think those will grade out higher than these books did. Thanks, again.

— Rick

Thanks, Oct., but, they weren't alone. They had lots of company. I'm going to scan a few more tomorrow night that I think are beautiful books. They are DCs and probably not as "popular" as SB and WWT, but gorgeous books just the same. I think they will grade out higher also, but I want to get you guys opinions. You see, I think ALL my books are NM, so I need your opinions. thumbsup2.gif

— Rick

I was serious about buying them, though I don't know if you want to sell them. Those Superboys have great covers. You have a bunch of killer raw books from what I have seen, and it's always a pleasure checking them out.

Rick, sell books? he's a hoarder, didn't you know?

hey, Rick, i wanted to remind you that when i went to see your collection, i may have brought some nearly pristine Bronze Age books and stuck them in your closet prior to us going, for safe keeping. i think it was right before we left. i guess i forgot to pick them up when we got back?

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

you know, fyi

Thanks, guys. I think you right on the Superboys. I thought the WWT would grade out higher, but after looking at it with a magnifying glass, I do spot two small spine creases, so I guess 8.5 to 9.0 would be right. I have a few more books from that box I want to scan tomorrow night and get your opinions. I think those will grade out higher than these books did. Thanks, again.

— Rick

I would have said 9.0 on that book, based on the scan. I've seen 9.2s with worse spine wear.

That said, a nice book to have in condition like that. All closets should be so bountiful.

The SBs were gorgeous too!

Shep

Rick, sell books? he's a hoarder, didn't you know?

hey, Rick, i wanted to remind you that when i went to see your collection, i may have brought some nearly pristine Bronze Age books and stuck them in your closet prior to us going, for safe keeping. i think it was right before we left. i guess i forgot to pick them up when we got back?

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

you know, fyi

I thought they looked like your books!! 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gifpoke2.gif

— Rick

Here are a few more from the box. Mostly Bronze Age DCs that I have picked up over the years. A few Marvels. The pages on these range from off-white to white and all the back covers are nice. I think the Tomahawks are from the Boston collection. (Surely, there is a #116 from this collection out there somewhere.)

I think they are all in the 9+ range. What do you think?

1151222-Tomahawk112.jpg

1151222-Tomahawk112.jpg.84c837d66edd982ecacf0ceed08dbe0b.jpg