• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ive got an Avengers 99 to punks

21 posts in this topic

Hard too grade without a scan of the BC. Overall not a bad book at all. Funky colour, spine dings, soft corners, staples are a bit iffy as well, the bottom one especially. Looks like some sort of "crayon" effect production flaw in certain parts of the book. Id say it is a 6.0 with a very outside shot at a 6.5

standard 6.0

Maybe the weird blues are from the printer being very low on toner?

I wonder. I have seen some, like Diva's with the non-funky blues. Then I have seen several like mine with the funky blues.

btw, its still not a f, no matter how you slice it.

Re: Ive got an Avengers 99 to (too or also) punks

You my friend have a printing error.......

I'd grade it Poor.......incomplete.....missing ink.

You've been punked and Divad and my copies are better anyway.......nya nya nya

Aint no way in the comic universe is this book VF,IMHO.. Good size ding ULC. Bottom staple is at best "iffy". Muliple spine dings. Saying the colour of the book is "off" is being very generous. Top edge looks to have a knick in it, Marvel Banner looks a little dirty as well. Above the H in Hercules there is some sort of a mark. All this and no back cover too grade.

Aint no way in the comic universe is this book VF,IMHO.. Good size ding ULC. Bottom staple is at best "iffy". Muliple spine dings. Saying the colour of the book is "off" is being very generous. Top edge looks to have a knick in it, Marvel Banner looks a little dirty as well. Above the H in Hercules there is some sort of a mark. All this and no back cover too grade.

He said F/VF, not VF. gossip.gif

You are correct. He said F/VF The F in that grade would leave me to beleive a pretty strong F+ One would assume it would be because the possibility for VF is there. IMHO It is a nice book but not a solid Fine Plus, yet alone a Very Fine....

You are correct. He said F/VF The F in that grade would leave me to beleive a pretty strong F+ One would assume it would be because the possibility for VF is there. IMHO It is a nice book but not a solid Fine Plus, yet alone a Very Fine....

Um, F/VF is a grade that translates to 7.0. confused.gif

Oh jeez...

10.0 Mint

9.9 Mint

9.8 Near Mint/Mint

9.6 Near Mint +

9.4 Near Mint

9.2 Near Mint -

9.0 Very Fine/Near Mint

8.5 Very Fine +

8.0 Very Fine

7.5 Very Fine -

7.0 Fine/Very Fine

6.5 Fine +

6.0 Fine

5.5 Fine -

5.0 Very Good/Fine

4.5 Very Good +

4.0 Very Good

3.5 Very Good -

3.0 Good/Very Good

2.5 Good +

2.0 Good

1.8 Good -

1.5 Fair/Good

1.0 Fair

.5 Poor

I would never grade that book a 7.0. 7.0's look substantially better. This one was not an even "on the fence" book for me. I just don't see higher than a 6.0 on it.

that scan's not doing you any favours, Arex.

You are right on that Sal. I scanned it a long time ago with my old POS scanner. I need to break it out again and scan it with the new one.

Its still no worse (or better) than a f/vf

Then if you knew it was a 7.0, and are unwilling to accept 5.5 and 6.0's on it why did you post it?
893scratchchin-thumb.gif just because someone suggests it, does that make it the gospel truth?

I was wavering on exactly what it was, as I think it might go a vf-. Its a much nicer looking book in hand than the scan suggests. yay.gif

The people that are calling it 5.5 and 6.0 need to go back and look at the OS grading guide. (btw, im sure that it wouldnt hurt me to do the same either). The scan makes the book look worse than it is.

The real question....is there a lot of wear along the spine, or is that just discoloration from not having all the ink flowing during the printing process?

Based upon the apparant wear along the spine, I'd have to go a 6.0. But, if the wear isn't really there, and it's just production discoloration, I could see the grade being higher. Just not real pretty.

Does the upper staple have some serious problems?

The real question....is there a lot of wear along the spine, or is that just discoloration from not having all the ink flowing during the printing process?

Based upon the apparant wear along the spine, I'd have to go a 6.0. But, if the wear isn't really there, and it's just production discoloration, I could see the grade being higher. Just not real pretty.

Does the upper staple have some serious problems?

I dont think all of the damage is there on the spine. Also, iirc, the top staple is just fine. I read teh book a little while back and cant remember anything wrong with it.

Arex