• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Interesting Multi-Pack Auction

30 posts in this topic

David, I see you're selling the following comic:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2174813101&category=33826

Do you think this is a straight mistake by CGC, or one of those scenarios where an old multi-pack bag was used to seal some raw comics?

Do you think this is a straight mistake by CGC, or one of those scenarios where an old multi-pack bag was used to seal some raw comics?

D'OH! 893whatthe.gif893frustrated.gif893censored-thumb.gifboo.gifi guess im not trusting multi packs anymore. insane.gif

Forget the color touch, is it possible to get $300 for a 6.5??????? 200 MAX.

It's a bit strange, but once X-Men 94 dips to the 8.0 level or below, demand drops like a rock, likely because the issue's importance is quite overstated.

It's quite a different story for GS X-Men 1 and Hulk 181, two true first appearances.

Hi Collector Joe,

I know only this, I was at Portland comic book show 2 and a half months ago.I saw this with my own personal eyes.The guy that had it for sale said he had another one.So I saw it sell for 1350.00 to Dean Coopper in Canada.I emailed him and asked if he planed to open the book and send to CGC .But after opening the bag he decided for whatever reason that he would sell it raw.The bag looked genuine of old type and all so I think it was a original multi bag sealed.So I won the auction from him saying it was a VF-Nm book.When I received the book I didnt think it to be quite that great and thought it to be a 7.5 to 8.0 So I decided that I would send to CGC and see where it fell Yes I blew the grade as I thought a 7.0 was a minimum But the color touch just was not the correct thing in my mind.I beleive Dean to be honost and fair and he quickly was offering me a partial refund of which a 100.00 dollars was agreed upon and claimed it came from the Bag.Look even if he did color touch it which I do not beleive he did It was professionally color touched And I dont know about you or anyone else but why would someone do that especially when I kept in touch with him on it the whole way.Yes I do beleive CGC blew it here on the Color touch.Enough said and it does have White pages which I beleive furthermore solidifies the story to some degree.I was only trying to get the money back with grading,you know one of the risk factors involved with doing something like this.Wow am I blown away still.

Advice to any one out there dont open the bag keep it sealed and enjoy the unique setting it is displayed in.

Thanks for the inquiry,

Davidking623

D'OH! 893whatthe.gif893frustrated.gif893censored-thumb.gifboo.gifi guess im not trusting multi packs anymore. insane.gif

Yes stay from them and enjoy them for what they are!

Davidking623

Also, can you tell us where the color touch is? You have a nice scan up, I just want to see what this "professional" color touch looks like...

Brian

Hi Brian I will tell you where the color touch is maybe sometime next week as I dont even see it myself.Ill have to call CGC and have them tell me where it is at.

Davidking623

You're a more trusting soul than I am. Someone pays a premium for a sealed X-Men 94 multi-pack, rips it open (??), and then inexpicably decides to NOT send it to CGC and instead sells the comic raw?

I hear that story and I run... far, far away....

You're a more trusting soul than I am. Someone pays a premium for a sealed X-Men 94 multi-pack, rips it open (??), and then inexpicably decides to NOT send it to CGC and instead sells the comic raw?

does sound a bit dodgy doesn't it? flamed.gif

Yeah...you can't trust those damn Canucks! makepoint.gif

AMEN! 27_laughing.gifmakepoint.gifflamed.gifboo.gif893Funny-thumb.gif

Yes I agree totally and yet I followed this one to the end.My mistake but my Mother tells me I am blessed I consider myself lucky.Knowing me someone will hit the BIN and I will be blessed once again and I didnt have to lie to anyone at all.

Davidking623

No doubt

Davidking623

Oh well, live and learn tongue.gif You're actually one of the good guys in the hobby. I've done business with you on both sides and have always been treated very well even on CGC books that were in question (X-mens a long time ago. I don't know if you remember).

acclaim.gif

Yeah plus They ship dog sled to the border then airmail once inside USA as well which accounts for the 14 to 17 days to receive Item or items confused.gif

Davidking623

Oh well, live and learn tongue.gif You're actually one of the good guys in the hobby. I've done business with you on both sides and have always been treated very well even on CGC books that were in question (X-mens a long time ago. I don't know if you remember).

acclaim.gif

Hi Yes lesson learned and moving on.Yep I remember Rickdogg , who also is a great seller and buyer as well.

Davidking623