• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TMNT �#1 (and #2-10...)-----Question About Selling/Certifying

6 posts in this topic

Back in the late '80s I happened to collect a few Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles comics. I first read the 4th printing of Issue #1, and was hooked. At the time, the hype was just starting regarding the issue #1 (first printing). I was lucky to come across one. To teenaager, I paid a fortune, but I knew it was worth it.

I also picked up all the other issues (first printings) of TMNT up to atleast issue #10; as well as the microseries' of each character (Raphael, Donatello, etc.).

Issue #1 was my pride and joy. I didn't even crack it open (since I already read the issue w/ the 4th printing). So basically for almost 15+ years (hard to believe it's been that long!), this issue and all the other issues have pretty much been stored and not touched.

Now I'm interested in selling these guys. Any suggestions for the best way to go? I'm thinking ebay, although I've never sold anything on ebay.

Should I send all these comics in to get certified by CGC? I'm thinking I should atleast do it for #1 (first printing). To get certified, I'd have to send my comic(s) via USPS (or UPS/whatever). I'm a little wary of sending my comics off like this. Is this pretty common practice? Do I need to worry?

Should I get the other comics certified, or should I just get started on selling them on ebay?

sorry for so many questions---have been out of the comic "biz" for a while. Thank you in advance for your advice!

If you've got only TMNT #1-10 to sell, why not post scans of the books in the grading thread, get an idea of their grade and list them for sale in the Marketplace (list the # 1 seperate maybe and the 2-10 as a group.)

Save yourself the headache of listing on ebay and the cost to do so..... confused-smiley-013.gif

The # 1 should be graded (for reasons stated previously). Issues 2-4 should be considered for grading, only if you feel the grades would come back 9.6 or better (9.4 or better for the #2 in first printing). Again, if you are unsure of the grades they might receive, post some decent sized scans and these guys will let you know pretty quick.