• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM SA 212...

11 posts in this topic

Gorgeous copy, and would be a solid 9.0 if not for one unfortunate flaw. There is an unobtrusive water stain on the bottom spine corner on the back. It wraps around to the front very slightly. It goes into a few of the interior pages as well. Damn shame, but this is going to be my keeper copy anyway....at least until I find a copy with perfect centering. grin.gif

SA212.jpg

sa212bk.jpg

Patience, patience! Have a seat, and someone will be with you shortly. grin.gif

I'd have to say 6.5/7.0 with the stain, though obviously it looks a lot better than that. Still a quite nice book. Truly an awesome cover, & I'd never seen it before joining the forums.

6.5 with the stain. (If it was my book, I'd think it was STILL NM). I think SA Deadman was some of Neal Adams' best work. I remember one of those issues had a tribute to Jim Steranko. Adams' had put in some kind of weird lettering that said something like "Hey look, a Jim Steranko effect." You kinda had to hold the book at an angle to read it. I don't remember which issue it was in, and I don't have any of mine anymore. Does anyone know? Great book, Oct. thumbsup2.gif

— Rick

6.5 with the stain. (If it was my book, I'd think it was STILL NM). I think SA Deadman was some of Neal Adams' best work. I remember one of those issues had a tribute to Jim Steranko. Adams' had put in some kind of weird lettering that said something like "Hey look, a Jim Steranko effect." You kinda had to hold the book at an angle to read it. I don't remember which issue it was in, and I don't have any of mine anymore. Does anyone know? Great book, Oct. thumbsup2.gif

— Rick

I was issue 216. I will see if I can find the panel and scan my copy. thumbsup2.gif

The interiors in these issues are as impressive as the covers, though it doesn't get much better than this one. The angle and perspective are just killer.

— Rick

I was issue 216. I will see if I can find the panel and scan my copy. thumbsup2.gif

The interiors in these issues are as impressive as the covers, though it doesn't get much better than this one. The angle and perspective are just killer.

It's an awesome book, and as others have said the water stain doesn't have a large impact on the books eye appeal. I can understand you keeping this one. thumbsup2.gif

— Rick

It's an awesome book, and as others have said the water stain doesn't have a large impact on the books eye appeal. I can understand you keeping this one. thumbsup2.gif

It looks almost exactly like the one I sold to you. About the same grade too. foreheadslap.gif

— Rick

It looks almost exactly like the one I sold to you. About the same grade too. foreheadslap.gif

But without the water stain. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

— Rick

But without the water stain. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

boo.gif