• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The scarcity of early bronze DC's......where the hell are they?!?

85 posts in this topic

I told you guys there were some good DC's on there

Yeah, for some reason I missed your post last week, and I just happened to see it last night.

Nice books, I am a fan of the Neal Adams Bronze Bats too, everyone should be smile.gif

I mean just one look at the Bronze CGC will tell you how tough it is to find them on the net. Its like 90% Marvel on Ebay for sure, so I guess all of us in the know are gonna be trying to scoop em up when they appear, maybe we could have a batting order to keep the prices down, OK you get this Bats 232, then you etc. etc. Its a tough segment of the market to be in love with, but oh those covers. cloud9.gif

Nice books, I am a fan of the Neal Adams Bronze Bats too, everyone should be smile.gif

I mean just one look at the Bronze CGC will tell you how tough it is to find them on the net. Its like 90% Marvel on Ebay for sure, so I guess all of us in the know are gonna be trying to scoop em up when they appear, maybe we could have a batting order to keep the prices down, OK you get this Bats 232, then you etc. etc. Its a tough segment of the market to be in love with, but oh those covers. cloud9.gif

It's the interiors that amaze me. His work just leaps off the page. No matter what the story is, there is an urgency and a dynamism that compels you to read it. And every panel just blazes aross your eyes.

-- Joanna

It's the interiors that amaze me. His work just leaps off the page. No matter what the story is, there is an urgency and a dynamism that compels you to read it. And every panel just blazes aross your eyes.

-- Joanna

Thats how I always felt with each new Adams story. I read them slowly admiring the line work, th epanels and the excitement and realism. But do you still feel that way today, 30 years later? Perhaps its not fair to judge them this way, but most of them seem so much more sedate and dated now to me. Perhaps its simply the ones that were overly Giordano-inked.... and because so much beautifully drawn and colored comics work has come out since then....especially recently.

Adams is still a comics God, dont get me wrong, compared to his peers he was 20 feet tall. His stuf always looked REAL instead of just 'comics'.