• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What is the highest ebay price for ASM 298 CGC 9.8? Check out this one

25 posts in this topic

for some reason,

i get the feeling spidey 3 will cause a spike in copper spidey books, but more precisely, in the McFarlanes (just as we have seen in this thread).

people at large seem to have different levels of willingness to speculate on the books of different movies e.g. compare the speculation of FF to DD to Spidey to XM to Hulk etc.

but with spidey 3, assuming venom is in it, i think we'll see the movie significantly influence ASM mcfarlane prices - since so many "collectors" were collecting around the time McF was on the spidey run (early 1990s) - and this may bring back some "collectors" to want to pick up their childhood grails, which have now been re-introduced to them.

for some reason,

i get the feeling spidey 3 will cause a spike in copper spidey books, but more precisely, in the McFarlanes (just as we have seen in this thread).

people at large seem to have different levels of willingness to speculate on the books of different movies e.g. compare the speculation of FF to DD to Spidey to XM to Hulk etc.

but with spidey 3, assuming venom is in it, i think we'll see the movie significantly influence ASM mcfarlane prices - since so many "collectors" were collecting around the time McF was on the spidey run (early 1990s) - and this may bring back some "collectors" to want to pick up their childhood grails, which have now been re-introduced to them.

The Venom speculation had already started early last year when I was trying to buy a 9.4 graded copy for the usual $100 and found out it suddenly spiked to $120-135 over night.

I love TM Amazing Spidey and it was one of the first 'runs' I rebuilt when I got back into collecting. However, TM Spideys are pretty plentiful on the open market. And if there is a price spike on TM Spidey's after the movie, I guarantee that those who've been hoarding extra copies will quickly post them on eBay for a fast flip. To make these books spike to any significant price we need about 15 years of time to pass and 100,000 new Spider-Man fans to enter the market.

To make these books spike to any significant price we need about 15 years of time to pass and 100,000 new Spider-Man fans to enter the market.

In other words...it ain't gonna happen. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif