• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM: Superman 76

10 posts in this topic

Is the top staple still firmy attached? Dosent look too be from the scan. I will base my grade on it is attached. I will say this book is a 4.5 If the upper staple isnt attached, or is barely hangng on, then the grade will suffer even more, as in 3.0 - 3.5

Top and bottom staples are both attached. I'm trying to figure out if I overspent for this and the issue 64 I picked up today. I got both comics for $400 total. The dealer had just this issue on the wall listed for $580 alone. It was sort of an impulse buy, but I figured the 76 was a key, and I never see decent golden age books locally. What do you guys think, did I pa to much?

-Chris

Someone more attuned to GA prices may know better. But I think $400 is a bit much. No way this one book would ever sell for $580.00 It's the " learned identity" issue and all but not worth that much in this grade. Seems too be full retail too me. But im not a GA expert.

Top and bottom staples are both attached. I'm trying to figure out if I overspent for this and the issue 64 I picked up today. I got both comics for $400 total. The dealer had just this issue on the wall listed for $580 alone. It was sort of an impulse buy, but I figured the 76 was a key, and I never see decent golden age books locally. What do you guys think, did I pa to much?

-Chris

76 the issue where Superman and Batman learn each other secret identities. IT is considered a minor key.

The Superman with the detached cover is probably a $75 book. 76 is a pricey book and a VG could go for around $300. You didn't get a bargain, but you didn't get boned either.