• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wolverine #1

9 posts in this topic

Hi, I'm obviously new to these boards. I've been collecting comics for about 13 years. I'm wondering what y'all think of this Wolverine #1 (1988). The only major flaws I see are a single non-color breaking crease and some smudges on the back cover. Are these smudges enough to lower this book into Fine territory, or is this VF/NM?

Thanks, Nick

wolv1front9pe.jpg

wolv1back7xz.jpg

The rest of the book is pretty sharp, so I'd say that the smudges would probably lower the book to around 8.0. The rubs on the back cover looks like the book may have been stored unbagged for a period of time. The white back cover picked up ink transfer from other books, etc.

The rest of the book is pretty sharp, so I'd say that the smudges would probably lower the book to around 8.0. The rubs on the back cover looks like the book may have been stored unbagged for a period of time. The white back cover picked up ink transfer from other books, etc.

I agree with the zipster that the book looks pretty sharp . . . though those spine creases are pretty deep . . . they benefit from being along a white spine area and white BC. The apparent ink smudges are in a radial arc . . . and it makes me wonder as to the source 893scratchchin-thumb.gif They're not fingerprints.

The ink transfer and the depth of the spine creases are consistent with a book that has been unboarded/unbagged and handled in a stack. sumo.gif

I have to agree with my fellow forumites here on the nice scans (I still haven't figured it out) and the 7.5/ 8.0 grade. IMHO it looks like this book was kept unprotected (scratches on BC) but was not heavily abused. Sharp corners for a VF book.

thumbsup2.gif