• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Marvel Trading Card Values

73 posts in this topic

Well you guys got me wondering what I've got. The last collection I bought a a huge box of these sets with binders and unopened boxes that have just been sitting in storage since last year.

I'll dig them out as soon as possible.

Well you guys got me wondering what I've got. The last collection I bought a a huge box of these sets with binders and unopened boxes that have just been sitting in storage since last year.

Jeff, you just have EVERYTHING. Heck i bet you got your own factory in China chumping out this stuff 24hrs a day on cheap labour 27_laughing.gif

Jeff, you just have EVERYTHING. Heck i bet you got your own factory in China chumping out this stuff 24hrs a day on cheap labour 27_laughing.gif

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

I wish. No I just always heard these were complete and utter 893censored-thumb.gif so I didn't even go through them. I was too busy playing with the comics. The only thing I remember for sure were 2 uncut sheets of X-Cutioner's Song cards ( now those are HOT) and the cards with the Marvel covers on them. But there were binders full of these things and a few unopened boxes.

I don't see how collecting comics/cards could go anymore in the toilet than it did in the early 90s.

What is this? $400

Is this for real? I am sure I saw a sealed box of these at show for $30-$35. Would it be worth it to pick them up, or is this just an anomaly?

I don't see how collecting comics/cards could go anymore in the toilet than it did in the early 90s.

What is this? $400

Is this for real? I am sure I saw a sealed box of these at show for $30-$35. Would it be worth it to pick them up, or is this just an anomaly?

The above auction was for a set, but if you do a quick search on ebay you'll see a few of those sets sell in $50+ range. My best guess is that there is some(or more) rare cards that constitute a set. I came across some x-men card that sold for $75 by itself. But I have really have no clue. Never bought them new and almost didn't even bother taking these. Although I am curious as to whats in there now.

The above auction was for a set, but if you do a quick search on ebay you'll see a few of those sets sell in $50+ range. My best guess is that there is some(or more) rare cards that constitute a set.

Sure, but this $405 sale was just for the standard 100-card set, and featured none of the chase cards. Strange...

The above auction was for a set, but if you do a quick search on ebay you'll see a few of those sets sell in $50+ range. My best guess is that there is some(or more) rare cards that constitute a set.

Sure, but this $405 sale was just for the standard 100-card set, and featured none of the chase cards. Strange...

So you can have a complete set and not have any of the "special" cards? I agree its strange then, maybe auction was schilled? Its out of Netherlands if I remember right. Is that where all the HOT Marvel cards end up confused-smiley-013.gif

definitely way strange. thats way too much for a common set...

but this must be one of the later Masterpiece sets. I tuned out toward the end of it all so maybe this set was "rarer" due to low orders and therefore more collectible now. I seem to recall Jemas commissioning one more set at per card prices that made sense at the time of commission, but, 2 years later, on delivery, after the card bust, turned out to insanely expensive and caused the set to be way over budget. necessitating a low print run, and therefore a taste of scarcity. Jemas was long gone by then....

that ring a bell anyone?

even so, a common set cant be that hard to get, $400??

Yes, the later Marvel Masterpieces were printed in lower quantities, but we're still talking about $405 for JUST the common 100-card set. If it had all the Chase and Double-Impact, etc. cards in it, then the price *might* make some sense.

Maybe the buyer thought it was the entire set, including the rare chase cards?

I think it includes the chase set.

I am buying all the boxes I can afford. "Buy when no one is buying " Sell when everyone is buying" There are some beautiful chase cards from the last xxx years that will look nice in a glass picture frame in my study in the year 2020.

I think it includes the chase set.

I think that's what the buyer throught too.

But check out the listing - it's for the 100-card set, which DOES NOT include all the chase cards. There are another 20+ chase cards, not even including the promos and case cards.