• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

stckwzrd1@aol.com = a crack addict?

113 posts in this topic

Because if he's not hitting the pipe, there's absolutely no excuse for the guy's delusional grading. Maybe he's a space alien?

Here's a nice "NM/M 9.8" book...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/ebayISAPI.dll?MfcISAPICommand=ViewItem&item=721810084&indexURL=0&photoDisplayType=2

This guy makes chuck look like the president of the strict grading club.

I'm amazed that he has any positive feedback at all.

He's definitely not all with us. This guy got mentioned in the Comics Buyer's Guide as an example of the shady behavior on E-Bay because he kept including scans in his auctions with comics that were resting in a broken-open CGC external case, missing the label and inner well. If you look through his feedback, he's got a few negatives from the people who thought his comics were actually slabbed.

I CAN PLAINLY SEE IT IS YOU WHO IS ON CRACK. I SEE CGC GRADED NM 9.4 BOOKS GOING FOR 3 TO 10 TIMES THE 9.4 LISTED IN OVERSTREET AND WIZARD. I HAVE BEEN BUYING COMICS SINCE THE 1960'S AND BUYING AND SELLING COMICS SINCE THE 1970'S. AND I HAVE BEEN USING OVERSTREET STANDARDS. TELL ME WHAT GRADING STANDARDS DID YOU USE BEFORE THE YEAR 2000 SINCE CGC HAS BEEN ONLY AROUND FOR TWO YEARS!! AND WHO ARE YOU TO SAY ANYTHING ABOUT MY AUCTIONS WHEN YOU HAVE NEVER BOUGHT ANYTHING FROM ME!!

I AM WITH YOU I AM RIGHT HERE IN FACT. FIRST I SOMETIMES GET EMPTY CGC CASES THAT I USE TO STORE MY COMICS. SECOND IF YOU CHECK MY ITEM DESCRIPTIONS THEY NEVER STATE THE COMIC IS CGC, UNLESS I AM SELLING A CGC GRADED COMIC!! THIRD I WAS NEVER WRITTEN ABOUT IN THE COMIC BUYERS GUIDE. IF YOU DO HAVE PROOF OF IT THEN SEND IT TO ME BECUASE I WILL HAVE HAND IT OVER TO MY LAWYER TO SUE CBG FOR SLANDER.

Show us a text description in Overstreet's standards that says a NM/MT comic can have multiple spine creases ranging from 1/8" to 1/4" in length like that Daredevil 49 has that Mudbuddha is referring to. Even the most neophyte grader here wouldn't have much trouble finding a problem there!

Since you have included a scan that even at a low resolution quite obviously shows that this comic isn't the NM/MT you claim it to be, why would we have to actually buy from you to say whether this particular comic is overgraded or not?

I CAN PLAINLY SEE IT IS YOU WHO IS ON CRACK. I SEE CGC GRADED NM 9.4 BOOKS GOING FOR 3 TO 10 TIMES THE 9.4 LISTED IN OVERSTREET AND WIZARD.

Yes. That's great. What are you talking about? That has absolutely nothing to do with your awful grading.

I HAVE BEEN BUYING COMICS SINCE THE 1960'S AND BUYING AND SELLING COMICS SINCE THE 1970'S.

Wow, you're old. Maybe you need glasses and that's why your books are violently over-graded?

AND I HAVE BEEN USING OVERSTREET STANDARDS.

Which Overstreet? Jimmy OVerstreet? Karen Overstreet? Because I've worn through a copy or two of BOB Overstreet's grading guide in the years since Its debut and I can tell you uncategorically, that book you posted isn't even a 9.0, forget about a 9.8. You'd be lucky to get out of FINE with that book.

TELL ME WHAT GRADING STANDARDS DID YOU USE BEFORE THE YEAR 2000 SINCE CGC HAS BEEN ONLY AROUND FOR TWO YEARS!!

I'm still trying to figure out what grading standards you use because you sure as hell aren't using Overstreet's. Post a high res scan of that book and let us grade it. There are plenty of people on here that have glowing feedback and stellar reputations (something you wouldn't know about mr 10% negative) that would agree with me that you've overgraded that book by at least 2 full points.

AND WHO ARE YOU TO SAY ANYTHING ABOUT MY AUCTIONS WHEN YOU HAVE NEVER BOUGHT ANYTHING FROM ME!!

I have to prove to you that I'm a sucker before I can point out that your books look over-graded to the extreme? Sorry, but I don't play that way. You can swindle someone else by selling over-graded . I'll pass.

Guys, Here's a concept that I just don't understand. In cases where there is a book offered on Ebay where an image is included that a potential buyer DOESN'T feel measures up to the grade quote, why bid at all??? And if a book IS purchased and returned, a full refund being given...why is negative feedback mandatory or for that matter, spamming the seller's other bidders and buyers? I see hundreds of auctions of raw AND CGCed books on Ebay per week and look at the images provided that in my estimation are overgraded AND undergraded. If I feel that the book is overcooked, gradewise, I move on to the next auction. I just PASS. If I think the book is correctly assessed or UNDER-assessed, I PLAY. In most cases the bids themselves will determine whether the book is a hit or miss on the assessment scale. I've seen horribly miscut CGC 9.2s with printers ink across the top and divits out of the spine go for $50, where the SAME book, the SAME day, graded the SAME 9.2 by CGC will auction for $150 because it was a SOLID 9.2 as the image provided beared witness! Same with unslabbed. I've seen books assessed NM that went for $100 vs. another of the same book graded NM going for FOUR times as much based on the feedback of the seller and the image in the scan. Ebay's final, acheived auction price always tends to iron out what Ebayers feel is the right price to bid, based on that image. ONE picture is worth ONE thousand words. The most important thing to focus on in an auction should be the IMAGE OF THE BOOK ITSELF, not the seller's nomenclature. Grading is subjective. Everyone is entitled to an opinion, it's the image that is all important. It's the book that should determine the bid. The book will be the book, be itself, regardless of if it's called MINT or GOOD. The actual letters used, do not change the image.

You'd be lucky to get out of FINE with that book.

As soon as I saw the book being auctioned, I said to myself "Very Good/Fine- at best". That's not only not a 9.8, it's not even anywhere near high grade. A midgrade book(maybe).

Wow, my first post! I feel so SMURFY!

I love this guy, I really do...and so should CGC! If not for clowns like this, and their total inability to grade (or, for that matter, grasp reality in any fashion), there would be no need for a 3rd party grading service! And I too remember when this guy was taking pics of the books behind an empty CGC shell so the hologram would be in the pic...how totally lame. Here's a grading tip for you...your accuracy in assessing the condition of a particular book improves exponentially the closer you actually are to the book! Get about 50 feet closer, then give it a shot!

And I too remember when this guy was taking pics of the books behind an empty CGC shell so the hologram would be in the pic...how totally lame.

You mean this?:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=721815782

Cheers,

Bachelor of Comics

Hmmm, it is hard enough to believe the guy sets up his auctions like this, and grades like he does. Then he comes in here and DEFENDS it. I mean I am lousy at grading, Scottish could outgrade me on one of his bad days, but even I can see the difference between F- and NM/Mint. I understand that grading is subjective, but my God, it's not THAT subjective. The huge majority of his negative feedback is because he can't grade, so I don't know why he would bother to come here and try to defend THAT. This is honestly the absolute worst grading I have EVER seen.

Phil