• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

stckwzrd1@aol.com = a crack addict?

113 posts in this topic

Wow, I honestly can't believe that he is doing that again...he stopped awhile back because a number of eBayers reported his intentionally fraudulent behavior. Looks like perhaps that is once again in order. Not that eBay will necessarily do anything, mind you..."customer service" now only exists when it affects their bottom line...

FF,

Here are a few situations. What feedback would you suggest leaving?

A) Seller is selling VF book, advertised as NM. Seller offers a refund.

B) Seller sells VF book, advertised as NM. No refund.

C) Seller sells G book, advertised as NM. Seller offers refund.

D) Seller sells G book, advertised as NM. No refund.

I hear you guys on the grading issue, but BOC, C'mon! Does this really appear to you as someone trying to intimate or represent the book is/as CGCed? It looks to me like someone taking a picture of a book, that first placed it within an empty CGC container for the purpose of safekeeping. Possibly not to accidentally bend or ding a corner in the handling of it. I see images of books all the time on Ebay that capture the book in a bag, a mylar, etc. Quite possibly, some people don't trust the steadiness of their hands to be handling what they feel is a pristine book and don't want to expose it to wear while moving it around for the purpose of photographing it. He says NOTHING about it being CGCed and there's no label in the holder. How can this be misconstrued as someone perpetrating a CGC implied/non-CGC pictured fraud?

Hey, MY hands shake, and I don't enjoy pulling high grade books out of mylars to scan. If there's ANY oil, or residue on your hands, it'll surely find a way onto the book! I just RUINED a Spiderman 67 in NM+. KILLED it dead! I had gotten up and shaved about an hour before I scanned the book. I carefully put the book on the scanner bed, and while processing, nonchalantly scratched an itch on my beard with the back of my fingers. I didn't like the angle of the book in the image and went to reposition it. When I went to take a back cover scan of the book I realized that there was BLOOD on the front and back of the book, right in white areas of course, with MY tremendous S**t Luck. I had opened the closed cut from shaving when I rubbed/scratched the itch on my face and transferred serum to my finger, unnoticeably, that is until I looked at the book! Goodbye NM+, hello mid-grade!!! $400+ right out the window!!

Point is, the grading issue aside, instead of speculating why he stored/photographed the book in a CGC EMPTY slab, just ask him. I'm sure the answer will be as non-nefarious as I imagine it will be. To ME, it doesn't look anymore like a situation of misrepresenting the book as a CGC item, than when I use a letter AND a number (for instance: NM 9.4) in my auctions.

Meth, please enlighten me: where in my post did I state the seller was representing the book as CGCed? Answer: NOWHERE. Thank you very much. End of debate. Please do not crucify me with no evidence to support your accusation.

Cheers,

Bachelor of Comics

BOC, Heck NO I'm not crucifying you. I don;t even remember TYING you on the cross, let alone nailing you to one!!! wink.gif You said "How lame of him to be showing the book in a CGC holder with the hologram prominantly displayed" or something on that order. I may have mistakenly thought you meant that as an inference of guilt of his trying to pass something off as CGCed. Sorry. Hey, we make mistakes in interpretation on here sometimes. Look at the Shuleys! On second thought...DON'T look at the Shuleys. Why subject yourself? cool.gif

Sorry, I was being a little melodramatic.

You said "How lame of him to be showing the book in a CGC holder with the hologram prominantly displayed" or something on that order.

No, I never said that. You are confusing me with that Smurfette guy. shocked.gif

Cheers,

Bachelor of Comics

These quotes within the post are confusing. I'm getting a score-card, and perhaps a scribe!!! You're right, it was he. I'm giving myself a 50 dolar fine and a 50 minute lecture!

He doesn't claim they're CGC'd nowadays, but he used to put the word CGC in every auction title. His titles looked something like "MINT 10.0 CGC." I don't remember the exact way he phrased it, but I remember it wasn't the word CGC followed by the grade like most sellers use; CGC was just sorta miscellaneously tacked into the sentence somewhere.

That's where all the negatives came from; it wasn't just because his buyers saw the opened slab and thought "oh, it must be CGC'd and he forgot to mention it!"

OK, being that I have actually cracked open a CGC slab (oh, the horror!), I can attest that there is absolutely no value in using the CGC case for unslabbed books...first of all, it would float around...second of all, you can't just close the case back up. And from the way he used to word his auctions, he most certainly intended to mislead the unknowledgeable into thinking that the book had been professionally graded. It says so in his feedback. He's read his feedback. And he still does it. So obviously this possible misunderstanding is not an issue for him...big surprise there when his item descriptions often read like, "the only thing that keeps this NM/MT 9.8 book from being a MINT 9.9 is the large tear on the front cover and the fact that someone blew their nose in the middle"...OK, so that's paraphrasing, but you get the point. And out of curiosity, Meth, why is it that you feel the need to defend everyone on the board whose practices are questioned? Can you honestly think that absolutely none of this criticism is deserved, or are you simply so used to defending your own fraudulent activities that it's just second-nature at this point? And sorry to hear about the NM+ ASM accident...I bet that blood really messed up one hell of a nice job of color touch. It's OK, there's always white out...maybe it will even be NM/MT when you're done with it.

I HAVE ALWAYS GIVEN REFUNDS TO THOSE WHO HAVE ASKED. GRADING IS ALWAYS SUBJECTIVE IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM WITH IT THEN DON'T BID OR BUY IT.

THIS PAST WEEKEND I WAS AT CAPTAIN COMICS I ASKED FOR THE PRICE ON A SPIDERMAN # 1 REPRINT HE PULLED OUT THE WIZARD AND QUOTED $20.00 PRICE TO ME?? THEN I ASKED HIM THE PRICE OF A AMAZING SPIDERMAN 30 WITH A LARGE CHUNK MISSING FROM ITS COVER AND WAS QUOTED THE WIZARD MINT PRICE FOR THIS COMIC. I TOLD THE OWNER NICELY NO THANK YOU AND LEFT. BY THE WAY I SEE THIS SYSTEM OF ALMOST ALL COMIC BOOK STORES IN THE NYC METRO AREA QUOTING WIZARD AND OVERSTREET MINT PRICES NO MATTER WHAT THE CONDITION OF THE COMIC BOOK BESIDES CAPTAIN COMICS, YOU HAVE "NOT ONLY BASEBALL CARDS" AND "BEST COMICS DISTRIBUTION CENTER" JUST TO NAME A COUPLE OF OTHER COMIC BOOK STORES THAT DO THIS AS WELL AND THERE ARE PLENTY MORE THEN JUST THESE THREE I CAN TELL YOU ABOUT. AND MANY ARE CGC DEALERS WHICH BEST COMICS IS. SO WHY DON'T YOU GO AND COMPLAIN ABOUT THE WAY THEY HAVE ALL BEEN GRADING THERE STUFF AFTER ALL THEY ARE SUPPOSE TO BE EXPERT CGC DEALERS!

stckwzrd1,

Just wondering if the dealer actually stated the book as being mint to you? Dealers tend to overprice their stuff (that's how they make money), hell, they even overgrade a lot of times, but I have never seen a dealer grade a book as "9.8 NM MT condition" when the book was junk. confused.gif

I'll defend anyone, anywhere, anytime, who I feel isn't a get a fair shake. I'd even defend YOU! Just out of curiosity, which color touched books did I sell YOU?...or are you just hopping on the band-wagon?

GRADING IS ALWAYS SUBJECTIVE

Yeah, to a degree. The book in that auction though ... There is nothing subjective about that. Rainman would know the difference between that and NM/Mt. I don't know why you are getting so worked up, you are obviously a lousy grader. I am a lousy grader as well, admittedly not as lousy as you but I am pretty bad. I tend to be overly conservative in my grading, you tend to grade just about anything as Near Mint. If you had an actual NM/MT book it would probably grade a 13.8 on your scale - no biggie. If you just admit you can't grade you will probably get less hassle than defending such blatantly poor grading.

Phil

Please press the "Caps Lock" key the next time you post. THANK YOU. It's nice to know you have a refund policy. Maybe if you stated it in your auctions you would have better feedback (less negs).

CHEERS,

BACHELOR OF COMICS

That is so true! I can understand the idea of " grading being subjective " in a case where a book was graded a VF+ & it is CGC graded a VF-, but this book being graded a " 9.8 NM/MT !" is WAYYYYYYYYY OFF! shocked.gif I'm surprised people even bid after seeing his "impeccable feedback" wink.gif

Hey Scottish, maybe you can add a "unique CGC book" with no label to your CGC collection. tongue.gif

THE DEALERS OR OWNERS OF THE COMIC BOOK STORES IN THE NYC METRO AREA DO NOT STATE A GRADE THEY JUST QUOTE THE 9.4 PRICES OUT OF OVERSTREET AND WIZARD FOR ALL THERE COMICS SINCE THEY NOW HARDLY EVER PUT PRICE TAGES ON THE PLATICS THE COMICS ARE IN. I DON'T BOTHER TALKING TO THEM ABOUT THE GRADES AND PRICING BECAUSE I HAVE GOTTEN SOME NASTY REMARKS FROM THEM WHEN I DID POINT IT OUT TO THEM INCLUDING ONE OWNER THAT TREATED ME SO RUDELY WHEN TALKING ABOUT PRICE AND GRADES THAT I KNEW HE WANTED ME TO LEAVE!

Dealers tend to overprice their stuff (that's how they make money), hell, they even overgrade a lot of times,

REALLY THEN YOU AGREE THEY OVER GRADE AND THEY ARE THE DEALERS AND THE EXPERTS OH AND THEY ARE THE CGC DEALERS AS WELL! ARE YOU SAYING ITS OK FOR THEM TO DO THIS BUT NOT YOU? AND WHY IS IT OK FOR THEM TO DO IT? AND WHY WOULD CGC ALLOW ITS NAME TO BE USED BY THEM IF THEY DO NOT USE CGC STANDARDS WITH THERE OWN STUFF?

BY THE WAY I HAVE NEVER STATED IN MY ADS THAT MY COMIC BOOKS ARE CGC GRADED UNLESS I AM SELLING A CGC GRADED COMIC BOOK.

FOR THE PERSON THAT SAID I DID THIS IN MY EARLY AUCTIONS. WELL MY EARLY AUCTIONS ON EBAY WELL REALLY THE FIRST 700 AUCTIONS I DID WERE ALL BASEBALL CARD AND HALLMARK CHISTMAS ORNAMNETS.

I bet that blood really messed up one hell of a nice job of color touch. It's OK, there's always white out...maybe it will even be NM/MT when you're done with it.

I will reserve judgment on the Comic-Keys/Resto Issue until I see some concrete evidence or hear from the supposed multitudes of people who have purchased restored material from him. I believe that to date there has been a lot of circumstantial evidence & conjecture, but no cold hard facts pointing to his guilt. Additionally, Meth's refund policy is second to none. A full refund if the comic is restored & no time limit on the return. How many big-time dealers have the same policy? I'm not taking sides, I've been down that road before, I'm just trying to take a step back & be objective.

Cheers,

Bachelor of Comics