• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Grade this Red Raven 1

22 posts in this topic

Hmm, well, I don't really look at it that way. I feel those overstreet grading definitions are somewhat antiquated. I don't consider a book with a detached cover to be a good, unless the rest of the book looks, say, vf.

Defects are cumulative. Sure, it's possible to have a book with a detached cover be a good, but as far as I'm concerned not the norm. I.e. an otherwise good book with a detached cover is a fair in my opinion. I don't think you're allowing for that cumulative aspect to grading. rantpost.gif

Defects are cumulative. Sure, it's possible to have a book with a detached cover be a good, but as far as I'm concerned not the norm. I.e. an otherwise good book with a detached cover is a fair in my opinion. I don't think you're allowing for that cumulative aspect to grading. rantpost.gif

If you're still talking about the comic at the top of this post, then cumulatively speaking that comic got a G+ because it's a Golden Age. As a Silver Age, it may not have made it. And no way as a Bronze or Modern. There you have your "fair" copies.

893Rant-Smilie-thumb.gif

But, I think we're getting away from the big point. Should this comic have received a purple label because of the staples?

I am still not sure if a comic like this, with a taped cover would get a restored label or not. Overstreet does not consider tape or extra staples restoration.

Does CGC?

And, if they don't, that's why no purple label was given to the comic. No one has up until now said a taped cover gets a purple label, so I must be right.

Restoration is something done to improve the appearance of a comic, right. Don't think these staples and tape for that matter, does anything to make the comic look better. (Well, maybe in some cases anyway)