• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FF 126 AND FF 128

44 posts in this topic

OK

wanting peoples opinions on the value of these books

ff 128 cgc 9.6

ff 126 cgc 9.8

ive got a chance to buy them and wanted to get an idea of their current market price

i know both are tough the 128 with the i4 page pinup and red cover and the 126 with the classic homage cover to ff 1

i remember a ff 128 9.4 going for $150ish @heritage and a ff 126 9.6 going for $300ish on ebay

thats even better than your ff 52 9.6

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Somehow I doubt that.....

If there's any Justice in the world, James will NEVER get as good of a deal again. Getting a book like that once is luck, but twice is just criminal.

Well, it did have one problem you'll notice right away, but the price was low enough for me to ignore it, especially given I was totally missing that issue...

ff128.jpg

Nice copy...I'm curious about this issue because most every copy I've seen always has extreme yellowing of the cover. Maybe because I was always looking for an issue when I was in Florida. Finally got a decent copy through mail order....

Jim

It is a CGC 9.6 obviously.

Just because CGC say the book is a NM+ copy don't make is so.

Not with that mis-wrap.

Like I said - it is a CGC 9.6 obviously. smile.gif

I usually never buy any book with more than 1/32" miswrap, but the book was somewhat cheap (it was a little cheaper than I thought at $70, not $78), had white pages, I hadn't been able to find an unslabbed copy better than 9.0 for a few years, and this was the first slabbed copy I saw for sale with a grade better than 9.0.

Any interpretations as to how Overstreet's guidelines would downgrade for this? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif The miswrap on that FF 128 is exactly 1/8". The description in the new grading guide says "slight" bindery defects allowed at 9.6, "subtle" at 9.4, and "minor" at 9.2. The table which assigns numerical lengths to those terms say "slight" and "subtle" range from 1/32" to 1/16" and "minor" ranges from 1/16" to 1/8".

There's a new super-villain team in town:

The MISWRAP 4

Blowout

FF

Darth

Murph

Mission: To endlessly go on and on about the CGC "miswrap problem" until all comic collectors turn into card collectors, then buy up their collections at dirt cheap prices.

The only man who can stop them, Joe Collector. This hero-industrialist-time traveller made his fortune selling his entire collection 1 day before the CGC market crash and has been buying every well-centered 9.2 he sees ever since. When he amasses enough 9.2s, he will transport them to the future and have them regraded as 9.8s by GCCGGCGGC. Wish him well.

MU-HA-HA-HA! You left out a key part of our mission--TO MAKE YOU LIKE US!!! Either you'll end up an anal retentive like us, washing your hands 50 times a day and weighing your food and stool on a digital scale to achieve dietary perfection like WE do, or you'll end up selling your collection in disgust after we've converted almost everyone else to our side. goodevil.gif

So you ready to sell out yet? Think you could send the FFs and Spideys my way? cloud9.gif

Nah I could care less if you want to buy good lookin books or not. I'd rather have less competition on the non-miswrapped/miscut books as I truly believe that eventually CGC's going to HAVE to stop grading these in the NM's categories.

smile.gif

Brian

Umm, well, I didn't buy it, it just sold on ebay, but it looks like the picture is still there...

I can't find it on eBay, current or sold - what's the URL?

I would buy it depending upon the page quality.

Who wants to sell it to me?

893crossfingers-thumb.gif