• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FF 126 AND FF 128

44 posts in this topic

YES. That Silver Surfer is deserving of a 9.6.

If I listed every possible defect a book could have in order of severity, the very last item on my list would be miswrap.

IMO miswrap shouldn't be a consideration below 9.8.

yeah---this miswrap phobia is a new wrinkle for me. Its a common occurance in comics. Unless its radically offcenter (3/16th") or crooked (off by 1/4" or more).

But, if you new-fangled Silver/Bronze CGC 9.6 or better fanatics (no offense meant!) are that bothered by a miswrapped spine, then the rest of us better take notice. It might end up as important in sorting out the best of the best as page quality does for many people.

Pov,

Do you foresee a problem with single color labels with sellers using small scans and not disclosing information? It's impossible to read labels with ebay's standard small scans and we all know some sellers will do anything to hide problems. Colored labels tend to pop out problems, giving buyers clues.

I'm not actually arguing against you, because I can see the merits of a single color label. Just wondering if it's not asking for trouble.

-- Joanna

It might end up as important in sorting out the best of the best as page quality does for many people.

It's well on its way. Most comics printed after 1995 don't miswrap much if at all, so expectations are changing. I can't remember the last time I saw a miswrapped newsstand comic.