• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A note on selling and buying here

131 posts in this topic

I have put up my ads on four websites now, and I had the largest percentage of people turning me down after making inquiries, here. On the other websites (Comicon, Toronto Comics Jam and Fantagraphics message board) I think the purchasers were more interesting in either reading the comics or collecting the comics as opposed to investing in the comics. I will certainly keep this in mind if I put up another ad.

That is interesting, but it makes perfect sense. Don't forget where we are. This is the CGC Forum. People interested in CGC graded books are certainly aware of the investment part of the hobby, if not, then why get books graded at all? I think we have plenty of readers here, but the "investment" part of the hobby has to play a pretty important role for many of the people here.

Tom makes some pretty good points about reality though . . .

And to all you holier-than-thou types . . . just because someone express an opinion don't demonize him . . . he's making a point.

Tom's a straight-up guy, and the more posts of his you actually take the time to read, the more you will learn.

Oh yeah I am sure there is plenty I could learn from him. 27_laughing.gif

The guy cant even take a joke.yay2.gif

I can take a joke, I laugh at you every time you post.

the_finger.gif

name names so the rest of us don't have to deal with these insufficiently_thoughtful_persons...

Attention all insufficiently_thoughtful_persons! Tomega wants your business! And I don't, so stay away.

C'mon now, that is what you think?

So I guess you consider Kermit an insufficiently_thoughtful_person because he backed out of this deal and that you will never do business with him?

name names so the rest of us don't have to deal with these insufficiently_thoughtful_persons...

Attention all insufficiently_thoughtful_persons! Tomega wants your business! And I don't, so stay away.

C'mon now, that is what you think?

So I guess you consider Kermit an insufficiently_thoughtful_person because he backed out of this deal and that you will never do business with him?

The reasons he backed out? Yea, pretty lame. We wont be doing business. I'd rather sell on Ebay. At least there I still have a good shot at selling with the second chance offer. I've only had two people on Ebay back out after winning and both times I was able to sell to the under bidder.

Tom's a straight-up guy, and the more posts of his you actually take the time to read, the more you will learn.

Tom's a good guy, one of the forumites I respect the most. He has a good way of dealing with scammers. gossip.gif

Thanks guys.

I have nailed my share of scammers but this guy takes the cake. It has been posted before but this is one of funniest things out there.

http://www.419eater.com/html/joe_eboh.htm

Check out the the trophy room, it is great stuff.

Tom's a good guy, one of the forumites I respect the most. He has a good way of dealing with scammers. gossip.gif

Thanks guys.

I have nailed my share of scammers but this guy takes the cake. It has been posted before but this is one of funniest things out there.

That's one of the funniest things I have ever read. Did you do all that on your own? 27_laughing.gif

Thanks guys.

27_laughing.gif That's to much! Thanks for the link.

Thanks guys.

That site was hilarious.

I think there's a difference between doing the "I'll Buy It" and backing out and working out a deal for books that haven't been "taken off the market" so to speak, coming up with a price and then realizing, ehhgads, I've blown my budget on 16 other things.

I've never done either of the above, but have had a few situations were PMs were exchanged, prices were worked on but forumites decided not to go forward. Sure, I wasted my time, bu I wasn't prejudiced and I can certainly understand one's budget suddenly taking priority once they think about a final total.

Thanks guys.

ROFL! 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif