• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

XMen movie 3

22 posts in this topic

Im sure many of you know this already, but I just saw a commercial for XMen3 and Jean Grey is there. I seem to recall hearing that Phoenis WASN'T going to be part of the movie. Guess not. And she and Wolvie were kissing!! oooohhhh. That Logan is BaaD!

Im sure many of you know this already, but I just saw a commercial for XMen3 and Jean Grey is there. I seem to recall hearing that Phoenis WASN'T going to be part of the movie. Guess not. And she and Wolvie were kissing!! oooohhhh. That Logan is BaaD!

Could have been a dream, maybe? confused-smiley-013.gif

(Not your dream, haha. Maybe Logan is dreaming)

I seem to recall hearing that Phoenis WASN'T going to be part of the movie.

That was a long time ago, and anything from the past year or so had included Phoenix and her move to the dark side. It's not the only thing going on, but definitely a key ingredient.

Just saw the commercial last night. Pretty cool. Its different from the trailers they have had on the website. I've always here that Phoenix was going to be in this one so I don't know where that rumor came from. The only thing that I had heard originally was that Halle Berry might not play Storm in the 3rd movie due to not having a larger part in X2. However, she's in the trailers so that must have been worked out. The only other rumor that I've heard has been that Cyclops is suppose to die in this one. Again, its only rumor.

well they said in one trailer I saw the cure was derived from a 'dead' mutant.

added to the reappearence of JG...just seemed like an adaptation of the Whedon story from astonishing only without Colossus since he's not had a big part in the movies and isn't dead as yet.

It was my understanding that the 'cure' is actually an DNA/blood extract from a live mutant that has the ability to cancel out mutant powers within an immediate radius of his/her person. I believe the first trailer showed a scene with Beast in the same room with the mutant and his arm was changing back to a normal human arm from wrist down.

Is that per the comics or the movie storyline though? Part of the 'mutant cure' story in movie involves the internal angst of Beast, because of his less-than-human appearance, and Rogue, because of her inability to have an intimate relationship with Iceman.

Is that per the comics or the movie storyline though?

I'm just talking about the actual character. confused-smiley-013.gif

And sure, they could make the Beast some skinny chick with a blue afro in the movies, but I'd still give it a big foreheadslap.gif

Is that per the comics or the movie storyline though?

I'm just talking about the actual character. confused-smiley-013.gif

And sure, they could make the Beast some skinny chick with a blue afro in the movies, but I'd still give it a big foreheadslap.gif

Whatever JC you obviously know what you're talking about and I don't. But then again the title of this thread is XMen movie 3 and not Beast: The Actual Character. I'm discussing the cure storyline and you're talking about a specific character, then making a ludicrous exaggeration to make a point. Dude... foreheadslap.gif

Whatever JC you obviously know what you're talking about and I don't.

I often wonder if you've ever read a comic book in your life.

Here's the original Beast character, as conceived and created by Lee and Kirby, a comic book without which, this thread would not exist.

97792366288.1.gif

Notice the Beast is human, albeit a bit disproportionate? His mutant gene provided enhanced strength, speed and agility, but at the cost of his resembling an ape-like human.

Now fast forward a decade or so, and the entire run of the original X-Men comics, and we find ourselves at Amazing Adventures 11:

03138580250.11.gif

Notice anything different?

Whatever JC you obviously know what you're talking about and I don't.

I often wonder if you've ever read a comic book in your life.

Obviously I haven't since you say so.... and since I haven't read a comic book in my life JC, I wouldn't know that Hank left the X-Men to work for Rand Corporation as a biochemist where he developed a serum that would activate latent mutations in people which resulted in his altered appearance.

Obviously I haven't since you say so.... and since I haven't read a comic book in my life JC, I wouldn't know that Hank left the X-Men to work for Rand Corporation as a biochemist where he developed a serum that would activate latent mutations in people which resulted in his altered appearance.

Where did you copy that from, as you obviously didn't read the comics in question, and instead copied and pasted a 1990's retcon. foreheadslap.gif

In Amazing Adventures 11, Hank is trying to CURE himself by altering his appearance, but instead causes a mishap that makes it even worse. I am assuming your above explanation was reconned later or is part of the Ultimate Universe Beast.

The argument is irrelevant, as the movies are not based on the Lee-Kirby X-Men anyway.

Agreed, the Beast in question is the "Movie Beast" which is a totally new character designed only for the movie, much like the radically different Green Goblin in the Spider-man movie.

But I still find it amusing he went to Wikipedia or somewhere to prove he actually read the comics in question.