• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rounded corners?

24 posts in this topic

How much should one downgrade for rounded corners? Let's say a book is near perfect in every way, but the two corners are rounded (not creased or anything, just rounded).

Still 9.4+ or no? If not, what?

Well CGC does allow small corner creases on books up to 9.6 due to my personal observation so it is still possible that it can be 9.4 with rounded corners. Luck the mud man says, it depends on the severity of it! laugh.gif

Yes, as Greggy astutely pointed out, we have seen CGC 9.6's with tiny (<1/8") corner and/or edge creases. With the corner rounding though, you're getting into a book that probably has general/overall wear, indicative of possible wear around the staple holes, surface wear, etc.,. The 9.4's and up I've seen with little creases are otherwise exemplary copies. So, while corner rounding itself might be allowed in 9.4, the overall book may come in less since this type of defect might indicate more overall wear.. I think the moral of the story is that you need to look at the entire book to determine the grade - are the edges and corners sharp, are the covers smooth, are there any tiny chips/tears on interior pages, etc.,.

I guess you were just on the edge unless others felt that you were too harsh! Too bad I rated everyone a long time ago. I really regret a lot of my rates! wink.gif

Can't help you, mud... gave you a fiver a long time ago...

Confronting a seller of F books who calls them 9.8s isn't something to regret.

I just realized that I've lost a star again. I'm back down to 2.

Hulk smash puny one-star ratings for Mud mad.gif , Hulk give Mud back his three stars smile.gif