• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Going to Boston!

47 posts in this topic

Have any suggestins on restaurants I should try?

Rick

No Name cloud9.gif

Rick, you'll no doubt get better recommendations from folks currently living there, but just in case...

- you can't go wrong with most of the white-tablecloth family-run Italian places in the North End. make sure you get a homemade cannoli for dessert.

- if you make it over to Cambridge, check out a variety of Asian & Middle Eastern offerings at Central Square or Inman Square

- though Boston is definitely not the place for Mexican, there is a Mayan/Mexican place on Beacon Street just over the line in Brookline that is great: Sol Azteca (I think a forumite recently confirmed for me they were still in business).

- if you're not tired of fish, you'll likely not be able to get far before running into one of the Legal Seafood outlets. Sam Adams + Legal chowder, and you're set for lunch.

gossip.gif Ya gotta walk along the Charles River while you're there.

So how was Boston RickDogg?

Hey Kevin,

Tonight was my first night here and we pretty much just grabbed dinner and that was it. The lobster was delicious and the Seafood chowder was good as well. One thing I did notice is atleast you guys have better looking women than Philadelphia. smile.gif Also, i've been stared at very oddly by african american females. Are they not used to Cali Asian guys? hahah 27_laughing.gif

I will have more pics in the next few days, but with a lot more WOMEN tongue.gif Have any suggestins on restaurants I should try?

Rick

I was wondering where the women were!!! I love lobster, but!!!!

The big tent thing was the Bank of America Pavilion! Some good concerts there, you just have to hope that there aren't too many jets taking off from Logan when you go there(drowns out the music)

Yeah, there will be more pics of women today, but I will have MUCH more on the 29th blush.gif

Ahhhh, I noticed a bunch of planes landing and taking off across the water. Makes sense now

Have any suggestins on restaurants I should try?

Rick

No Name cloud9.gif

Rick, you'll no doubt get better recommendations from folks currently living there, but just in case...

- you can't go wrong with most of the white-tablecloth family-run Italian places in the North End. make sure you get a homemade cannoli for dessert.

- if you make it over to Cambridge, check out a variety of Asian & Middle Eastern offerings at Central Square or Inman Square

- though Boston is definitely not the place for Mexican, there is a Mayan/Mexican place on Beacon Street just over the line in Brookline that is great: Sol Azteca (I think a forumite recently confirmed for me they were still in business).

- if you're not tired of fish, you'll likely not be able to get far before running into one of the Legal Seafood outlets. Sam Adams + Legal chowder, and you're set for lunch.

gossip.gif Ya gotta walk along the Charles River while you're there.

Sweet! Thanks for the suggestions smile.gif

Don't EVER wear a Yankees hat in Boston...you'll get shot at..seriously..

I know all of us asians look alike, but I didn't wear the Yankees hat smile.gif hahaha