• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Looking for an artist.

195 posts in this topic

Heres the scoop.

I have a client who has written a book. It is about to go to publish and I'm looking for an artist that can draw something original for the cover. It is a comic type cover. If you know Ascension, The Darkness, or Avengelyne comic books the art will be like that. It is a cristian novel.

We are looking for an artist that would be interested in making a percent on the sales of all items instead of paid for the art as it is done. So basically you will become a silent partner in this venture(contract will be drawn up for all interested parties).

Here is what is lined up for this business venture...

A) 1 book is done with 3 more started..

B) 3D short movies .We are also planning on putting out 1/2 hr. videos with 3D characters that I will build from your drawings ( these films will be like a toy story/final fantasy style)...PBS (public Broadcast Systems) has already agreed to giving us air time for these shows.

C) Comic Book. Yes this is why I posted it here. We are planning on a cristian comic book. I will use your art and my 3D modeling programs to create a comic book.

D) Then we will also be selling t-shirts, other clothing items and many other items to help get the word out.

All these items will not only be sold on-line but we have 3 stores so far here in Ft Wayne that have agreed to stock and sell everything we make from books to clothes.

The ART

If you know the books Avengelyne, The Darkness, Ascension... These are the types of Angels and demons the writer has in mind. So if you are an artist looking for something to break into the business. Give me a shout and I will send you a description of a few of the characters so you can have a shot at it. I have already started the comic book, it is 60% done all we will need to do is replace my temporary figures with the new ones.

This is not a joke, and I do plan on this taking over and being my #1 income. I have been waiting for my chance to get into the 3D moving making business and with all the research we have done over the last year this book is going to be big. Adults and children will love it. Thanks for your time.

Oh yea all board members get a free comicbook once its done.

Hi,

I do have an interest in your project but I have some concerns especially with your expected time frame for completion as I do have a full time job currently. Perhaps PM me the details and I can send you some samples of my art so you can see if you like my style.

Artboy99

Hi,

I do have an interest in your project but I have some concerns especially with your expected time frame for completion as I do have a full time job currently. Perhaps PM me the details and I can send you some samples of my art so you can see if you like my style.

Artboy99

Time frame will not be a problem.. The big seller will be the novel. So the cover for that will be the only thing we will need within the next 2 months. The rest of it will come as it does. I also have a full time job as do many of the 3D model designers I use. And if the novel takes off who is not to say that this couldn't turn into a fulltime job?

As I always tell anyone that works on a project with me.." A rushed job is never done right. Take the right steps to doing the job and you will be pleased with the final project."

PM on the way!! thumbsup2.gif

This should be cool.

I helped a bud of mine that works for Paramount

do a VHS cover jacket for one school projects

(helped him land his job as an editor there)

I hope he fullfills his promise that if he makes it big

he will have me doing the design material for his movies...

893crossfingers-thumb.gif

This should be cool.

I helped a bud of mine that works for Paramount

do a VHS cover jacket for one school projects

(helped him land his job as an editor there)

I hope he fullfills his promise that if he makes it big

he will have me doing the design material for his movies...

893crossfingers-thumb.gif

That rocks..

I will PM all that are interested in this on monday with all the info. I have a meeting then with the writer. In the mean time if you have any sample work you can email to me or a link to some of your work. Heck post it here so all can see your work is cool too.

So if your interested just say me here and I will include you in the PM's..

Thanks, Rich

With all the response I had I couldn't wait till monday so I contacted the writer so here we go...

I will be sending a description of one of the characters per PM, so if your interested do your best with the description I give you from the book and email your final drawing to me. Good luck to all of you...I have seen some great art already. This has me and the writer very excited. thumbsup2.gif

For everyone that has requested info I have sent it on. I never did set a dead line so here is one I would like to go by. If you need longer just send me a PM....

Today is 4/16/06 lets say deadline is 5/1/06

I will also be posting the drawings on the future website for the book and might even put up a pick your favorite link..

Good Luck. thumbsup2.gif

Had another point brought up. All we need is the pencil work done or sketch, don't worry about a full ink job. thumbsup2.gif

I aleady inked mine foreheadslap.gif and sent please let me know if you get it thanks!Lawrence

Got it Lawrence..Reply sent.. thumbsup2.gif

Ok If your an inker and want to ink it too..that is fine.. But some peeps are straight up artist and suck at inking. So it is up to you just send your best.. thumbsup2.gif

Also I believe this story is placed in modern time. That might help you in your design.

Great job Lawrence