• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Looking for an artist.

195 posts in this topic

Thats a pretty intense cover description needed

(a lot of detailing)

What is the set deadline for this?

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

You have plenty of time as the writer has decided to change a few chapters. He was pushing for a certain date but then realized He didn't want to do that. He wanted to make sure he put out a quality product so He is changing a chapter or two and adding another one to help introduce more of the people.

This is just one idea, if you have any other ideas using the angels and demons go for it as I have already had two submit some sketches with different ideas. As long as you have the 5 angels on the cover. thumbsup2.gif

Hope this helped, ask any other question if needed.

Thanks,

Rich

whats the fee???

If your cover is chosen we can negotiate fee's then or you can negotiate now. We have different ways to go with the fee. 1) you get a % of the sales of the book. 2) a set fee for the work.

Hope this helped.

Thanks,

Rich

How about $2500 now, and you can have all worldwide rights? With a kill fee if you dont like the sketch?

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

No, I have to many wanting to give this a shot, to end it here and give you the deal I would be hated by many. sorry.gif Plus I'm looking forward to seeing all the different covers. Especially since we are looking for full time artist for the comic book and video's. thumbsup2.gif

Thanks,

Rich

Im just trying to get across the point that since you are asking for spec work, you are guaranted to receive only amateur submissions. And therefore you will need to be extremely fortunate to luck into one unknown unemployed, artist talented enough to compete professionally with established working pros who wont even consider a spec illustration job.

IMO you would be better served going to a convention artists alley and hiring (or partnering) with an established pro who could bring you two things: 1) an killer cover drawing, and 2) name recognition to lift your project out of the crowded morass of unknown semi-pro/amateur comix out there!

So far you have received well-meaning enthusiastic homebrew stuff. Without a fee or a known quantity artist agreeing to work for some other form of compensation (like half ownership of your creation)... good luck.. Course, you might just be wanting to have some fun creating a comic book, in which case, never mind!

Im just trying to get across the point that since you are asking for spec work, you are guaranted to receive only amateur submissions. And therefore you will need to be extremely fortunate to luck into one unknown unemployed, artist talented enough to compete professionally with established working pros who wont even consider a spec illustration job.

IMO you would be better served going to a convention artists alley and hiring (or partnering) with an established pro who could bring you two things: 1) an killer cover drawing, and 2) name recognition to lift your project out of the crowded morass of unknown semi-pro/amateur comix out there!

So far you have received well-meaning enthusiastic homebrew stuff. Without a fee or a known quantity artist agreeing to work for some other form of compensation (like half ownership of your creation)... good luck.. Course, you might just be wanting to have some fun creating a comic book, in which case, never mind!

I understand your point. But I also know there are professionals here and others that have submitted stuff. I also know that just because someone doesn't have a tag "Professional" it doesn't mean they can't kick your arsh on paper. I have been doing computer work for over 10 years without a degree did this make someone with a degree better then me? I say no, and I have proved that point over and over again. The writer really would like to help someone make it in the business. If this is their big break cool, if a known "Professional" wins thats just as good too.

You also have to remember the Novel is going to be the big tag item here. We do have companies interested in the video's, and once the Novel is out I believe the comic book will fly. I understand that if I had Stan Lee work on it I would get a bigger check. But I also know with the right marketing and promotions the items will sell. It is a great story. If we don't see anything we like then the other road to hire a known artist is always there. But the writer would like to help others out when he can. Thanks for your input.

As an example:

I am a professional artist that has submitted. IE I get paid to draw/ Illustrate.

Whether or not my stuff is as good as a professional comic book illustrator I have no idea. I am a good penciller, a good inker, but I have never colored. I am also "old school" IE I dont do to much Photoshop like todays comic art is.

We shall see what happens...

Artboy99

As an example:

I am a professional artist that has submitted. IE I get paid to draw/ Illustrate.

Whether or not my stuff is as good as a professional comic book illustrator I have no idea. I am a good penciller, a good inker, but I have never colored. I am also "old school" IE I dont do to much Photoshop like todays comic art is.

We shall see what happens...

Artboy99

hail.gifhail.gifthumbsup2.gif

Sho'nuff 893applaud-thumb.gif

I had someone asking about this the other day. Book is in proof read right now. But I told the writer I want to see finished product before I line up a artist as the peeps on here and a few other boards value their time and I dont want them waiting on him to get the final step done.

There answer your yeahok.gif ?

Book is in proof read right now. But I told the writer I want to see finished product before I line up a artist as the peeps on here and a few other boards value their time and I dont want them waiting on him to get the final step done.

1481795-Sleep2.JPG

lol

Yea I feel the same way right now with this crackhead writer.

Book is still in proofreading as some changes were made again. GRRrrrrrrrrrrrr

Its fine with me though as I have been to busy to deal with this at the moment. I haven't even been able to keep up with this forum.

So to answer your photo the book is still in the final stages but not at the printer yet.

richnerd,

I'm an artist, not a professional mind you but I'm pretty confident in my abilities.

Send me a description of your characters, I will B-L-O-W Y-O-U-R M-I-N-D. cool.gifhehe.

Seriously. I'm moving into a new place right now so I'll scan in some stuff in a few days.

-DeeDee

Book is in proof read right now. But I told the writer I want to see finished product before I line up a artist as the peeps on here and a few other boards value their time and I dont want them waiting on him to get the final step done.

1481795-Sleep2.JPG

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

It's funny cuz it's true.

Yea JC,

So much promise from this writer and I think He is taking a good book and might be screwing it up by adding more and more. Thats why every good novel comes in 3 or 4 books. I keep telling him to save it for the next book. But hell who am I..all I'm doing is getting the artist and designing the web site and putting together a comic book and short 3D videos for the movie. Hell I have my whole life to sit around and wait.

The worst thing is I love the story and know it will be big, so I will wait and be ready when he is.