• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I love Neal Adam's artwork but ...

55 posts in this topic

His new stuff is really awful!

Check out the Green Lantern 8 cover:

http://www.nealadams.com/cgc/glga.html

Am I the only one who was dissapointed by the All Star Superman #1 cover? I mean you can tell that Neal is still an awesome artist, but what's up with these dumb covers? I have to admit, the Red Sonja #1 is "ok". The Green Lantern one, while it might be representative of the story within, the cover is stupid! Look at the look on GL's face? We waited years for Neal to come back to mainstream comics for this? shy.gif

It could just be modern colouring doesn't suit Neal's pencils. I know that can be said to other artists such as Perez and Byrne.

Perez is still awesome, but byrne stuff is all lumpy now. sigh a true legend down the toilet foreheadslap.gif

It could just be modern colouring doesn't suit Neal's pencils. I know that can be said to other artists such as Perez and Byrne.

Perez is still awesome, but byrne stuff is all lumpy now. sigh a true legend down the toilet foreheadslap.gif

Oh so agree. Also, JRJR has become very sloppy compared to his early stuff.

I love his art, but I hate getting spam via e-mail from CGC representing his sale of 9.6 and 9.8 copies of GL. That sucks.

I was wondering about this too. Is CGC selling their forumite email name database? confused-smiley-013.gif

I am ok with being contacted on this kind of stuff if it is for charity, but I am not a fan of getting sales spam. sumo.gif

I love his art, but I hate getting spam via e-mail from CGC representing his sale of 9.6 and 9.8 copies of GL. That sucks.

I have never gotten those emails!

How many you get?

I was wondering about this too. Is CGC selling their forumite email name database? confused-smiley-013.gif

I am ok with being contacted on this kind of stuff if it is for charity, but I am not a fan of getting sales spam. sumo.gif

I found it a little strange as well 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I had a WTF moment too getting that spam-mail. 893whatthe.gif

Man, the definition of "impartial" and "independent" in this hobby are blurred beyond redemption. Whats next? Restoration professionals selling slabs?

yeahok.gif

How many you get?

Just one.

To: Gemma Adel <gadel@cgccomics.com>

Date: Apr 19, 2006 7:47 AM

Subject: Neal Adams CGC's Signature Series "Green Lantern # 8 Variant Cover"

Reply | Reply to all | Forward | Print | Add sender to Contacts list | Delete this message | Report phishing | Show original | Message text garbled?

Neal Adams CGC’s Signature Series “Green Lantern # 8 Variant Cover”

World renowned artist Neal Adams will be selling CGC Signature Series copies of Green Lantern # 8 Neal Adams Variant cover at his booths during upcoming conventions.

There are a limited number of 9.8 and 9.6 copies that Mr. Adams has signed, not only that, but there are two copies that were graded the elusive 9.9 Mint grade! These will all be sold in a “first come, first served” basis. These copies will also be offered at a discount BEFORE the conventions, and can be purchased by visiting the following website link:

http://www.nealadams.com/cgc/glga.html

For more information about Neal Adams visit: www.nealadams.com

For more Information about CGC visit us at upcoming conventions in your area or visit our website: www.cgccomics.com. To learn more about the prestigious CGC Signature Series visit: ]www.cgccomics.com/signature.

Man, the definition of "impartial" and "independent" in this hobby are blurred beyond redemption. Whats next? Restoration professionals selling slabs?

yeahok.gif

The spam doesn't bother me as much as the fact that CGC is pimping slab sales. Is a grading company supposed to be promoting sales of their "manufactured collectibles?"

VERY overpriced slab sales IMHO.

How many you get?

I think I've gotten 3 to date.

All Star Superman (just before the NYC Con), Red Sonja and GL.

I kinda like the All-Star Superman #1 cover - looks cool to me. As for Neal Adams contemporary art, well no artist from the 70s is going to look like they did back then. The production, coloring and paper have all changed and artists ANY KIND of Artists are not stagnant in a vacuum, they evolve and change as time goes on.

I actually think Neal's art has stood the test of time and his contemporary stuff holds up rather well.

I kinda like the All-Star Superman #1 cover - looks cool to me. As for Neal Adams contemporary art, well no artist from the 70s is going to look like they did back then. The production, coloring and paper have all changed and artists ANY KIND of Artists are not stagnant in a vacuum, they evolve and change as time goes on.

I actually think Neal's art has stood the test of time and his contemporary stuff holds up rather well.

I don't disagree with your entre . . . but I do believe his new stuff is in the dumpster . . . grin.gif

yeahok.gif

The spam doesn't bother me as much as the fact that CGC is pimping slab sales. Is a grading company supposed to be promoting sales of their "manufactured collectibles?"

VERY overpriced slab sales IMHO.

Yes, pretty cheezy sumo.gif

I think they are sent to all card-carrying members of the Collector's Society 893scratchchin-thumb.gif Obviously there is no screening, if you and I are getting this camel-dung . . . wink.gif