• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tell The Overstreet Comic Book Grading Guide How To Define "Restoration"

42 posts in this topic

27_laughing.gif Joking aside, without having some concrete industry "10 commandments" (so to speak) on what restoration is and isn't, and what conservation constitutes, etc, raw or CGC, and that everyone abides by and accepts, then this will always come up as an issue.

Hey!!! I'm the one who's having a beer right now, not you! makepoint.gif

Here's the thing: Aren't they right now asking for our input on what is/isn't restoration??? makepoint.gifmakepoint.gifmakepoint.gif

We are at a turning point, in my opinion. We have had XXX number of "Pressing Treads" and whatever else. Speak up now! foreheadslap.gif

I agree with you - but maybe as it's so late (well, early in the wee hours of the morning), I think those that will be speaking up are asleep smile.gif

27_laughing.gif Joking aside, without having some concrete industry "10 commandments" (so to speak) on what restoration is and isn't, and what conservation constitutes, etc, raw or CGC, and that everyone abides by and accepts, then this will always come up as an issue.

Hey!!! I'm the one who's having a beer right now, not you! makepoint.gif

Here's the thing: Aren't they right now asking for our input on what is/isn't restoration??? makepoint.gifmakepoint.gifmakepoint.gif

We are at a turning point, in my opinion. We have had XXX number of "Pressing Treads" and whatever else. Speak up now! foreheadslap.gif

I agree with you - but maybe as it's so late (well, early in the wee hours of the morning), I think those that will be speaking up are asleep smile.gif

True, but I have the luxury of living on the west coast.....it's a little ealier........and my breteron will rise up!

Never in the field of human conflict/collecting, have so many be so thankful for the efforts of so few. We must fight them on the beaches, we must fight them in the fields......we shall never surrender.

893blahblah.gif

Joking aside: If I were one who chased the ultra-high grade books.....I would be shirt-kicking, ultra-extreme pizzed off at the mearest mention of accepting presssed books as a "don't ask-don't tell" or in today's market : "It's not considered restoration, so I don't feel I should have to mention it" attitude. sumo.gif

The one's who support this view are the ones (and I ain't mentioing a single name/company here) who are pursuing this for purely monetary purposes. If pressing didn't mean more money, nobody would bother with it. And in my oppinion, the recent change in definiton was to give a loop-hole for pressing, that enough marketing/preassure from the pro-pressing BSD's out there put....that why it was (IMHO) changed in the definiton. The goal was to increase the over-all spending & manipulate the market.

And just lie Forrest Gump: That's all I have to say about that. hi.gif

gossip.gifNo animals were harmed & no names were mentioned during these posts. thumbsup2.gif